Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cavs are ready to listen to trade offers for Love? (Love prefers Blazers?)
We need a rim runner on offense as Powell, as that is friendly for Luka and in general the style of offense we run. But this player needs to be better on defense. Much better on defense than Powell. Preferably some post game also but not essential, rim running and defense is the key, as that is Luka friendly but the defense is the part where we improve. Someone that can hold their own against bigs on defense and rebound well.

Another key thing is that Powell sets perfect screens for Luka. KP is rather horrible at that. So that player needs to be also great at that, we cant go back in this area to not hurt the offense.

In conclusion, player we look for:

1) Rim running (at least as Powell)
2) Setting screens (at least as Powell)
3) Defense (far better than Powell, stronger in the paint against bigs and better rebounder)

Who is that player? Can anyone suggest who that might be to trade for?

In case we can find that solution, we might get the championship this season. It might also be that Powell changes his defensive game around this season but that is very unlikely.

This post made me realise although I am a big critic on Powell he still brings some things to the team that are not easy to replace. As evident from the skills that are needed to replace and improve our team, it won't be easy to find that elite rim runner and setting screens as he is.

On other hand his defense is a big liability in getting the championship and before that is not improved It will seriously impair our chances. So hopefully we will be able to bring someone in that can improve the team, yet both replace and also improve the position.

I thought that player could have been Vucevic. Ok rim running goes away but he is good setting the screens and although he cant rim run like Powell, Luka would find him in other ways in the paint and the way he is skilled he would take full advantage of that. Love is bit similar in that regard to Vucevic I guess. I think it would work, but question is whether removing Powells skills in setting the screens and rim running would actually impair the offense. Perhaps there is a lot there he does it is not seen in the box score. It would defenitely change the way we play offense and that is always very risky. Simply because you dont fix what is not broken. In fact the offense is the best in the NBA. Also changing that now might also risk impairing the great chemistry on the team.

I still think the safest is to find someone that has Powells skills + adds more defense. If that player exists and can be traded for.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cavs are ready to listen to trade offers for Love? - by burekemde - 12-07-2019, 06:25 AM