Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A Few Thoughts on Mavs 118, Pelicans 97
(12-04-2019, 05:07 PM)iolide Wrote:
(12-04-2019, 02:49 PM)mavsluvr Wrote: Thanks, Jommy. 

My bewilderment at the TNT commentary (both the callers and the studio crew) was not that it was biased against Americans. It was that they seemed so unprepared and not up on what they were saying. 

While you may be right, I don't know why the commentators would find it objectionable or unbelievable that some of the best players are Euros. Guys like Federer, Nadal, Messi, et al. are some of the most beloved and admired players in sports. 

But who knows? There's no accounting for xenophobia. 

Here's to a non-nationalistic view of the game!

I too got the same vibe. It seems that when the topic of Mavs came around; they only knew what the Massive media has been saying. And that is what we already know. But the fact that they were suggesting things that #s can point against, to which we all know here; just seemed like they didn't know too much of the subject and just spoke General-Basketball. 

Love me that crew tho. Hilarious show.
It seems like the quality of the commentary has really gone downhill. Like when Barkley said he would advise opponents to keep Luka from shooting and make him drive or pass. Make Luka drive or pass? Bring. It. On. And don't even get me started on Reggie. We should thank our lucky stars for Followill. 

If you aren't watching the show for information, but more for entertainment, it is pretty hilarious. Luka made the Shaqtin-a-Fool segment with a pass sailed to nowhere, an embarrassed grin, and Rick looking like he had just bitten into a sour pickle, lol.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Few Thoughts on Mavs 118, Pelicans 97 - by mavsluvr - 12-04-2019, 06:19 PM