Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A Few Thoughts on Mavs 118, Pelicans 97
Great recap, always appreciate reading these. I want to add one thing about this game and its going to be about KP.

The TNT halftime crew really blasted Porzingis and his inability to play in the paint. Mentioned that he is too weak and timid to score in the paint, even if he has a smaller defender on him. He's 7'3" and should be salivating over a smaller guy trying to defend him down there. But instead he still gets pushed around down there and looks terrible.

This is the part where rust and time away has nothing to do with results. He is just not builit for that type of game. But neither was Dirk. Our boy Dirk worked on his inside game and post game. He got stronger. He developed his own moves.  Can the Mavs find someone to work on KP's post game in the offseason? Whether it be Dirk, Olajuwon, Kevin McHale. Somebody has to come in here and work with KP on his post and mid range game.

In the meantime I think they have to stop force feeding him the ball down there. Let him be strictly a jump shooter at this point. I think it takes him out of his game when he gets pushed around by those shorter players.  We've seen him post up guys a foot shorter than him, and he still doesn't score over them. it just doesn't look good at all.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Few Thoughts on Mavs 118, Pelicans 97 - by Nowitzki Way - 12-04-2019, 08:41 AM