Poll: Besides Luka/KP, who is the most important player for the Mavs success?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Tim Hardaway Jr
9.26%
5 9.26%
Dwight Powell
9.26%
5 9.26%
Delon Wright
38.89%
21 38.89%
Maxi Kleber
7.41%
4 7.41%
Seth Curry
20.37%
11 20.37%
Dorian Finney-Smith
1.85%
1 1.85%
Boban Marjanovic
0%
0 0%
Justin Jackson
3.70%
2 3.70%
Jalen Brunson
7.41%
4 7.41%
Ryan Broekoff
1.85%
1 1.85%
Total 54 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Besides Luka/KP, who is the most important player for the Mavs success? Why?
In a salary cap league with limited abilities to add talent, you need to hit on big contracts, or be able to move them for other talent.  I voted for THJ as the 3rd most important to Dallas' success this season.  He has the ability to add a powerful 3rd scoring option, or continue to be inefficient and be a millstone.  He can play well and may be a tradeable player, or get dnp-cd'd.  There is no bigger variant on this team - almost all others, you kinda know what they are going to bring.  

A good season from THJ could supercharge the Mavs' upward trajectory, or a bad one slow them down until they can get rid of him, or even hinder what they can exchange him for in trade.  His season can GREATLY affect the success of the Mavs this season.  

Personally, I don't have that great of faith in him being a help, so my vote is ultimately he will be a reason that we were held back.  I think Delon/Seth will have a bigger impact on us being a winning team this year.  If THJ could regain his ATL efficiency - hell, if he could shoot like Matthews did last year - he would be a major benefit to our squad.  For all of the hate Matthews got, he was a better 3pt shooter last year than THJ has EVER been.  Now, I like the rest of THJ's game better than Matthews, but I can't ignore what a crappy shooter he was last year from behind the arc.  Luka dioesn't escape my glare on that point either.  We shot a ton of 3's, we didn't shoot them particularly well... Man, would Danny Green have looked good in a Mavs jersey.  Haha.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Besides Luka/KP, who is the most important player for the Mavs success? Why? - by Mavsfan12 - 10-07-2019, 02:21 PM