Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BRK Nets Owner Tsai Tried to get Morey Fired
(04-20-2022, 08:50 PM)cow Wrote: The entire NBA is culpable save for a few (Morey and Freedom).

I don't think it was as pervasive as the entire NBA. If I remember correctly, Adam Silver came out and flat out said we're not going to encourage the termination of an employee utilizing his freedom of speech (although at that point it was becoming a national issue).

I think some owners probably agreed with Tsai, as their bottom line was being effected greatly by the pandemic and that just added more fuel to the fire. We just don't know (and likely never will) the full details. 

But if it really is true that Tsai (who has known connections with the CCP) tried to throw his weight around to persecute an American citizen who doesn't even work for him just for speaking his mind, then that's an egregious abuse of power and should be punished imo. What punishment? That I don't know. Any fine that's less than 100 mill is a drop in the bucket for Tsai. 

On the other hand, Morey wasn't fired I suppose...? The official narrative is that he stepped down voluntarily to spend more time with his kids. He then found another executive position not even 2 months later so make of that what you will. So at the end of the day I guess there really isn't anything the NBA can do.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: BRK Nets Owner Tsai Tried to get Morey Fired - by SleepingHero - 04-21-2022, 12:08 AM