Poll: How many threes do the Mavs make this game? O/U 14.5
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Over
60.00%
6 60.00%
Under
40.00%
4 40.00%
Total 10 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 2: UTA (1-1) vs. DAL (1-1)| 104-110 WIN!!!!!
(04-19-2022, 10:54 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: I'm curious what are your thoughts on Josh Green so far after 2 playoff games? Has the luster of him decreased a bit? I was ready for him to take a leap next year, but now seeing how dwarfed he looks out there makes me think he has a very long way to go to be a rotation player?

It is certainly disappointing, but not terribly unexpected.  My view of his outlook hasn't changed really.  When was the last time Josh played on this big of a stage?  A single Conference Tournament game as a college freshman (where he scored 19 on 50% shooting)?  People say the NBA playoffs are almost a different sport than the regular season.  So, after what is essentially his rookie season we expect what?

Josh has been brought along VERY slowly this season.  This is really the first time he's had much expected of him and the first time he's faced much adversity.  I think what we are seeing is out of character for him.  As I said a day or two ago, he's never had an 0/4 game from 3 and shot 45% in the games he took three or more 3's.  Unfortunately, Kidd doesn't have the time to let him work it out on court.  If the shots fall...great.  If not...Reggie, we need 45 again tonight.  Will it destroy his confidence?  The story (even for this series) isn't written yet.

I think we better all hope either he or Bertans have an 8 to 11 point game in Utah and Dinwiddie goes off for 25 in the same game.  We are not going to get 41 and 25 from JB and Maxi the next two games.  Even if we got 30 and 12, we need to make up 18 points somewhere and there are only so many places to turn if Luka isn't back in games 3 and 4.  If Green could just have a 2/3 night from deep and hit a fast break layup, it would be a huge lift.
[-] The following 7 users Like DanSchwartzgan's post:
  • ballsrchr, fifteenth, Hogmelon, Jmaciscool, michaeltex, SleepingHero, Smitty
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 2: UTA (1-1) vs. DAL (1-1)| 104-110 WIN!!!!! - by DanSchwartzgan - 04-19-2022, 07:26 PM