Poll: How many threes do the Mavs make this game? O/U 14.5
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Over
60.00%
6 60.00%
Under
40.00%
4 40.00%
Total 10 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 2: UTA (1-1) vs. DAL (1-1)| 104-110 WIN!!!!!
(04-19-2022, 12:59 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Man, I'm just not sure I agree. I have seen him play pretty sound positional defense during his time here. I'm definitely not trying to make a case for him being a "good" defender, but Kamm's statement was "compared to his reputation" and there were multiple people saying "unplayable." I have not found that to be the case at all. I suppose it's all a matter of relativity.

I'd say the Mavs are lucky to have gotten away with his minutes with a hefty pinch of Utah being stupid for not exploiting the matchup.  The reason I call him "unplayable", and I truly believe that to be the case, is more a reflection on the coaching staff and less a reflection on DB.  I like a lot of what I see from DB on the court it just confounds me that the coaching staff is failing him especially considering the amount of threes we are getting up.

And yeah, a lot of it is an eye test.  Watch Josh play defense on Clarkson last night.  Positionally, he seems sound.  You'd almost want to call it good defense.  But he doesn't bother Clarkson in the least.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 2: UTA (1-1) vs. DAL (1-1)| 104-110 WIN!!!!! - by cow - 04-19-2022, 01:05 PM