Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A Few Thoughts on Mavs 114, Lakers 100
(12-02-2019, 09:59 AM)Sigma4Life Wrote: I don't think you can fault the GM for not signing certain players. It's not like Donnie can just pick players and force them to sign with the Mavs. They tried to get Green but he chose the lakers. Brogdon would have been awesome, but he clearly wanted Indy. Kemba clearly wanted Boston. We can't assume that the Mavs had a choice in those matters. They did well to recover with Wright. Curry will contribute sooner or later as well.
I think you can fault the GM for having at least (without a trade, where you get the commitment from the FA and then figure out how it will work out, or having contingency trades in place to make it work) $30M and not coming away with more than they did. They didn't seem to tamper, which put them behind, which means the wasted time spent on the trade put them behind even more. The credit I will give Donnie is he scrambles well when it falls apart and can get the diamond in the rough bench players, but this is an every year occurrence where it all falls apart and we're a part of historical/epic type failure.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Few Thoughts on Mavs 114, Lakers 100 - by ItsGoTime - 12-02-2019, 10:37 AM