Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A Few Thoughts on Mavs 114, Lakers 100
(12-02-2019, 08:57 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote:
(12-02-2019, 07:23 AM)DanSchwartzman Wrote: Is it time to give Donnie a little credit for his work last summer.  One of the hopes when you don't have a clear third star is that various guys on your roster will step up on any given night.  Lately it has been THJ.  Last night, Powell, Wright and Jackson were all worthy of recognition.  We don't have a third star, but Carlisle has lots of levers to pull.  Imagine if Danny Green were starting instead of DFS.

In retrospect, I'm not sure Kemba being here would have been all that great.  Both he and Luka have to have the ball in their hands.  It would have been great to have one of them on the floor at all times, but I'm not sure it would have worked when both were on the floor at the same time.  We would also have been much worse defensively than we are with Wright.
Barring an unforseen injury I'm glad they will pretty much make it to the playoffs. In my mind, we should have had a much better offseason, so giving him credit for "less than" work is not something I would ever do. Giving Luka credit for having an unbelievable and realistically unforseen start to the season is where credit is due. We're almost to the quarter season mark (pretty much next game), there is a lot of basketball including the playoffs to be played. Hopefully this is the low end of our team's potential and KP figures it out, THJ is what we need him to be and the rest of the players are what they have been.

I don't think you can fault the GM for not signing certain players. It's not like Donnie can just pick players and force them to sign with the Mavs. They tried to get Green but he chose the lakers. Brogdon would have been awesome, but he clearly wanted Indy. Kemba clearly wanted Boston. We can't assume that the Mavs had a choice in those matters. They did well to recover with Wright. Curry will contribute sooner or later as well.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Few Thoughts on Mavs 114, Lakers 100 - by Sigma4Life - 12-02-2019, 09:59 AM