Poll: How many assists does Luka+JB+Dinwiddie end up with? O/U 20.5
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Over
83.33%
5 83.33%
Under
16.67%
1 16.67%
Total 6 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 79: DAL (49-30) vs. MIL (48-30)| 118-112 WIN!
(04-03-2022, 03:48 PM)mvossman Wrote: I would argue a bench of Maxi/Bertans/Green/THJ/Din is good, just overpriced.  I agree with Turner being a good outcome, but I doubt that happens without giving up the pick.

In fact I'd argue Bertans is exactly the type of guy we want on our bench. He's still a lethal 3pt shooter. His contract is disgusting and we aren't getting rid of it but I don't think the Mavs HAVE to get rid of it in order to be contenders.

Green also is a valuable role player. He's inconsistent right now sure, but still brings fantastic energy and defense. If he takes a leap next year he could be vying for a starter position. Maxi has to make shots to make sense. He hasn't been able to since January. He also hasn't been able to in the playoffs. 

THJ is a great bench scorer theoretically, but we haven't seen him be an efficient version of himself without a Carlisle-led offense framework and it begs the question can he ever become that again without RC? If not then I don't see him being worth the spot as he overlaps too much with SD/Green. It's really Burke+Brown+Boban that don't bring anything on the court. Frank+Chriss are afterthoughts.

In any case this wall of text is to just say I agree with you the Mavs bench on paper is good. But it's obvious we need 1-2 more guys to make this team a real finals contender. Packaging Maxi+THJ for a real starting center and finding a good bench scorer will do it. 

Maybe UTA does us a favor and ship us Gobert+Clarkson to make it easy for us.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • Jommybone
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 78: DAL (49-30) vs. MIL (48-30)| 118-112 WIN! - by SleepingHero - 04-03-2022, 11:39 PM