Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brandon Knight signed to a second 10-day hardship contract
(04-03-2022, 11:00 PM)Branduil Wrote: It's been a long time since you've needed a star center to win a title. And the guys who were stars at the time of the title, were basically PFs starting in small-ball lineups.

I know I'm getting a little picayune by bringing it up but I'd argue that Giannis was the center for those MIL teams. 

Suns also had Ayton who I'd qualify as a star center. Lakers might've started Javale, but it was really AD as their center in their closing lineups. 

Looking past these miniscule details, a common trend that all of these teams follow to me is that is in order to advance out of the first round we need to have a certain talent level from either the 4 or 5. The only exceptions being those legendary Warriors teams that have probably the best small ball 5 of all time. 

Neither Maxi nor Powell are at the level needed for the Mavs to be taken seriously. Powell has proved me wrong a bunch this year and I've gone from thinking he had to be shipped off ASAP to seeing him as an invaluable piece. But I still think his best role is coming off the bench and playing 20mpg versus starting. Maxi has fallen out of my favor quite fast given how his offense has disappeared. 

In any case there should be some good centers available this summer for trade. Turner, Holmes, Gobert, Ayton to name a few. Some more realistic than others. Getting any one will make this team a serious threat in my mind.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Brandon Knight signed to a second 10-day hardship contract - by SleepingHero - 04-03-2022, 11:36 PM