Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brandon Knight signed to a second 10-day hardship contract
(04-02-2022, 02:28 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: You're stuck on "can they or can't they"...I'm trying to suggest that maybe "they don't want to."

I wouldn't if I were they, so it makes sense to me to think of it in those terms. You clearly think a big bruiser is a glaring need (might be right!) so it's difficult for you to see it from the angle I'm suggesting. 

Yes, they can devise a scheme for an Adams type to get some effective minutes, and yes, they can find one of those easily enough. What I'm suggesting is that maybe (maybe) they think, as I do, that doing so would be counterproductive.
I don’t think we can say one way or another definitively what they want (although I have no doubt Cuban wants Powell on the team even if Kidd didn’t). They took a mulligan on last offseason to see what they have in the team they inherited. This offseason will tell us a lot more about what they’re wanting to accomplish. A lot of that will be based on availability though too. 

I like that we heard they were looking for ball handling and shooting at the TDL. If we keep getting those leaks of overall strategy, we are then able to figure out their mind on things.

As far as me wanting a big body. It’s more about a guy who can bang with those guys. If that comes in a smaller body (Adebayo and Green are examples of the TYPE) then I’m all for it. If we can’t get that player, I’d be fine with settling on a big Adams type.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Brandon Knight signed to a second 10-day hardship contract - by ItsGoTime - 04-02-2022, 03:17 PM