Poll: Who finishes the game with more points?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Tatum
14.29%
1 14.29%
Luka
85.71%
6 85.71%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 68: DAL (42-26) vs. BOS (41-28)| 95-92 WIN!
(03-14-2022, 01:55 PM)mvossman Wrote: To say that Powell should not be starting/finishing games is not disdain.

No, you're right. It's just that I don't believe it's easy to replace Powell. I wasn't really commenting on what you said as much as I find it true in social media in general. I just don't really believe trading for Holmes makes a significant difference to our lineup ... or at least not the extant many want and expect. Powell's contract may make him fairly attractive in a package, so it wouldn't surprise me if he gets traded.

Bertans is another matter, but there are still teams willing to dump their contract problems for our contract problems. Somewhere in that mess, you might find a better fit. After all, that's how we got him in the first place. 

I can't imagine keeping Boban or Frankie. Sterling Brown could probably be replaced by Theo Pinson at this point, but he could remain if they can't move him in a package.

In regards to THJ, I just don't think it's really necessary to trade him. He's not a detriment to the team in any way. He's been passed in the rotation and he may even want to be traded now. But guys coming off injuries trend downward in free agency, and it's hard to know what would be equitable.  

Another unknown is how a healthy Marquess Chriss might fit with a training camp under his belt. Health is an issue. If he doesn't play the rest of this season, I can't imagine the Mavs keep him around.

We don't really know what or who the Mavs are targeting in FA. We can probably assume a big man is in the cards somewhere. But our current style of play makes guessing difficult
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 68: DAL (42-26) vs. BOS (41-28)| 95-92 WIN! - by Winter - 03-14-2022, 05:31 PM