Poll: Who finishes the game with more points?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Tatum
14.29%
1 14.29%
Luka
85.71%
6 85.71%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 68: DAL (42-26) vs. BOS (41-28)| 95-92 WIN!
(03-14-2022, 01:59 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I mean, I can see where this is coming from, but I'm not sure I agree. 

Jaren Jackson, Bam Adabayo...maybe a few others would be upgrades, but aren't realistically available, like, for anything. Most of the other names I see mentioned here represent two steps backward in the areas of strength for Powell/Kleber (switching, moving their feet) just to move forward a bit in some areas we seem to think are weaknesses. I'm honestly not sure the Mavs even care about those things we're worried about too much, or that they should. 

At the end of the day, I'd rather have mobile guys than strong ones, since there seems to be a non-negotiable choice. This is becoming one of the best defenses in the game, and I keep seeing assumptions that this is developing in spite of Powell/Kleber rather than because of them. I don't see it that way at all.
I think at the end of the day we need both mobile AND strong guys. I think most playoff teams employ strong guys in their starting lineup and then the more finesse types come in as change of pace/small ball players during the game.

BTW, JJJ is their change of pace C, not their starter.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 68: DAL (42-26) vs. BOS (41-28)| 95-92 WIN! - by ItsGoTime - 03-14-2022, 02:12 PM