Poll: Who finishes the game with more points?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Tatum
14.29%
1 14.29%
Luka
85.71%
6 85.71%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 68: DAL (42-26) vs. BOS (41-28)| 95-92 WIN!
(03-14-2022, 11:31 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: I guess I'm in the minority. I don't think Powell is the absolute ideal starter, but I also don't think he's some huge weakness. I wish there was a cheap option to go a little bigger playing behind Powell and Kleber, but I actually have quite a bit of faith in both of those players. 

I prefer either of them over Porzingis, for example, especially in the playoffs. 

It's true that if one of them gets worn down/hurt the team is in a lot of trouble, but I don't know that any team is well suited to endure such a situation. 

The guy I'm most worried about is Bullock, personally. If I were to choose the area most in need of upgrade it would be his role. That's not to suggest I think he's terrible or anything, I just think he's the worst starter.

I love what Bull does for this team.  I don't know where his shot goes sometimes, and of course that is an issue.  But he always brings the D 1-4.  Along with DFS being a 2-5 guy, we have 2 solid defenders in our starting 5.  Powell is a heady player and plays hard.  His game is solid, no doubt, but it would be nice to have a bit more defensive anchor around the rim.  His perimeter, pnr D is solid though.  We will just have to see what is more painful, getting killed at the rim/out rebounded, or defending in space.  Clearly, the Mavs think it is the defending in space piece right now, and our highly rated defense would seem to back that up. It just sucks seeing the layup line happen and giving up offensive rebounds. Goes against basketball nature and just feels wrong!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mavsfan12's post:
  • DallasMaverick
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 68: DAL (42-26) vs. BOS (41-28)| 95-92 WIN! - by Mavsfan12 - 03-14-2022, 11:50 AM