Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A Few Thoughts on Mavs 120, Suns 113
(11-30-2019, 10:17 AM)Derek Nowitzki Wrote: A great win, and I’m loving what the team has been doing lately, but the negatives that are really standing out to me are:

Too many possessions with Luka dribbling for 20 seconds and then hoisting up ridiculous step back 3’s... they look great when they go in, but often feels like a wasted possession.

Luka does have a tendency to go to those step-backs. Understand that Rick is letting him have the reins, but working with him on getting the best shots for himself and the team. Believe LD understands the need for improvement, and tends to beat up on himself about shot selection. Those shots do look gorgeous going in, though, don't they? 

It seems Seth has been reduced to just a bit-part spot-up shooter role... I could be wrong, but I feel like his first stint with us, he actually did well as a shot creator; would like to see him given some chances to run things, or at least have more plays called for him.

Agree that Seth's apparent underachievement has been puzzling. Hopefully, he'll round into form here soon. 

What is Dwight Powell doing out there?
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Few Thoughts on Mavs 120, Suns 113 - by mavsluvr - 11-30-2019, 03:59 PM