Poll: How many minutes combined will Bertans+Dinwiddie play? O/U 46.5
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Over
16.67%
2 16.67%
Under
83.33%
10 83.33%
Total 12 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 58: DAL (34-24) @ MIA (37-21): 107-99 WIN!
(02-17-2022, 01:21 AM)mvossman Wrote: While I completely disagree with statements like "Green is closer to Justin Jackson than DFS", I do agree that being a first round draft pick means the clock starts ticking a lot sooner than it does for undrafted guys

Justin Jackson was playing more minutes per game and scoring more points per game than Josh Green at the same time in their respective careers. They were drafted at almost the same spot. DFS, on the other hand, was already averaging 20 MPG and was a standard rotation player. So my statement is statistically true.

Remember there was a time we all thought Justin Jackson was about turn the corner just before his third year. Almost everyone thought he was a solid rotation player then. Then his 3-point shot disappeared, and he became an afterthought.

I agree that we have to give Green more opportunities this season, so I don't think he's trash or anything of the sort. I just think fans become blind to their own player's limitations. Energy is not a skill set. Josh Green is not an offensive threat to an opposing team, and having a player suddenly develop a decent jump shot is not something that comes easy.

And I agree with you about Bane. He had the tools already in place. It's hard to understand the Mavs draft during most years.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 58: DAL (34-24) @ MIA (37-21): 107-99 WIN! - by Winter - 02-17-2022, 07:03 AM