Poll: How many minutes combined will Bertans+Dinwiddie play? O/U 46.5
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Over
16.67%
2 16.67%
Under
83.33%
10 83.33%
Total 12 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 58: DAL (34-24) @ MIA (37-21): 107-99 WIN!
(02-16-2022, 05:12 PM)Winter Wrote: I think we need to be more realistic about our own players. Green has been here long enough to evaluate. He will likely never be a starter anywhere. He is probably closer to Justin Jackson than DFS. He doesn't worry opponents and his only real offense is right around the basket.

We have to give him every opportunity because he's our draft pick. Yes, the playoffs will be a good experience, but he will be lucky to play 10 minutes in the playoffs. 

In one of those NBA profiles registering "Pros and Cons" only has one item in the Pro column that says, "Brings a lot of energy," then it's likely you're an expendable player. Unless something drastically changes, this is not a player that's offered a second contract.

If players are developed correctly most won't be NBA players until they are 24-25. Very few are like a Luka, Kobe, MJ, etc. DFS is coming into his own now as has been mentioned. He's 29. With the way Kidd has Green playing I could see him playing a role on a contender in a couple of years. He may be a starter or he may be a bench player. Only time will tell. However, you can't deny the kid can play Defense. That's what really matters. The shots will start to fall with time and confidence. That D though. He gave Butler all he could handle when he guarded him. Butler had to start playing bully ball with him to make a dent. That really says something about the kid. (But Maxi though. Wow)

Give him a couple of years or being in the rotation. I hate that these kids come out now so young. People don't realize that Bird was like 22-23 when he entered the NBA. Players used to play 3-4 years of college back then and it made them better pros. They actually came into the league with fundamentals. Now we see a ton of busts because they just come in too early I think. 

I think Green actually has some potential to be a good rotation player. He just needs time and Kidd is giving him not only that but the attention he needs too. Some of those passes he's throwing right now are just sick. With a guy like Luka on the team that becomes infectious.
We didn't make the cut but thanks for all the support!
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 58: DAL (34-24) @ MIA (37-21): 107-99 WIN! - by audiosway - 02-17-2022, 12:44 AM