Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A Few Thoughts on Mavs 120, Suns 113
SportPsychMav Wrote:
Nowitzki Way Wrote:
SportPsychMav Wrote:Come ALLSTAR break we might see more barea, just for toughness and sshot creation.
Hopefully after they trade Brunson or Powell.  But I can see Rick running that 3 PG lineup with Barea, Brunson, Wright.

But you make a good point. Its clear that Barea is a better with shot creation, well better all around then some of the others getting minutes. What are we waiting on with getting Barea into the rotation every night? Is it still load management form his injury? Or are we showcasing some of the others for trades?

It's not time yet. He is fine with not playing. We are a young team. It's not full win now. They balance egos, showcasing, development, injuries, and winning.

It's not full on yet, for no team in the nba, at least not every night.
While I mostly agree, but for a teams fighting for seeds 5 to 8 in the west this year, every win counts.  This isn't like most years. Especially for a team like the Mavs who are starving to get back to the playoffs. A win in November/December may not seem like much right now but it will later. I cant see them intentionally not playing Barea because its not "win-now" mode yet.  This is more to do with coming back from injury and still trying to figure what they have. They know what they have in Barea.  But I cant see them saying, "Well the games aren't that important yet. Lets not play J.J. that much until we need him."
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Few Thoughts on Mavs 120, Suns 113 - by Nowitzki Way - 11-30-2019, 10:04 AM