Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 2.0 pt favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
88.24%
15 88.24%
Suns
11.76%
2 11.76%
Total 17 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 18: DAL (12-6) @ PHX (8-10) | 120-113 win
(11-29-2019, 11:54 PM)omahen Wrote: As THJ was moved to starting 5, the bench is not really good anymore. 3 guards on the floor together with Jackson on 4. Mainly just passing the ball around the three point line with Brunson being the only one willing to try to be creative in offense. And he has his limitations.

I dunno what you've been watching, but THJ was absolutely not the reason the bench played well. Man was shooting 30 percent from the floor and was taking horrid shots left and right. Being in the starting lineup has taken the ball out of his hands and doesn't require him to create for himself. When you are asking him to create all the time, he is simply not capable, but off the ball with a low usage rate he has been excelling (why he starts and almost has been exclusively been playing next to Luka)

(11-29-2019, 11:54 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: OH I almost forgot to mention just how absolutely god-awful Powell is/was.

I am so tired of the Powell experiment. He sometimes can have great stretches, but as a player, he's so one-dimensional and flawed. He really shouldn't get more than 5mpg every other night. He'd be a fantastic 3rd string guy but as a starter playing 25+ minutes?? I can't stomach it.

If the Mavs had Baynes they'd be in such a good spot. He does literally everything we wish Powell could do. He can hit the 3, rebound, defend, and he's a tough dude. Mavs need to find a trade for Powell yesterday.

I don't think the Mavs will trade him this year. RC and the MBT seem to be in love with him and it seems like he is one of those players we will never give up. Not sure what kind of value he has at the current juncture as I would think whoever we bring in would not push the needle.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 18: DAL (12-6) @ PHX (8-10) | 120-113 win - by Tetra - 11-29-2019, 11:58 PM