Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Few Thoughts on Mavs 99, Clippers 114
(11-27-2019, 10:27 AM)omahen Wrote:
(11-27-2019, 09:48 AM)mavsluvr Wrote: Powell is a bench guy who has been Peter Principled. He seems like a fine person and a good locker room guy, but on a contending team, he belongs on the second unit, unless a starter is unavailable. 

I am not that harsh on Powell. I think he could be a good number 5 guy, if we would have good number 3 and number 4. But we don't and so he is exposed more and looks bad. Like Zubac - he is absolutely nothing special on either side of the floor, but looks good because defense needs to focus full time on the other four starters.
No intention to disrespect Powell. It's not his fault that he was pretty good at something, so he was promoted to a higher level of responsibility carrying expectations that he may not be able to fulfill. Agree that he would look better if he were surrounded with better teammates. Not sure I agree that he would be a good starting center on a contender, if that is the aim, but he might well do a very fine job against other bench players
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Few Thoughts on Mavs 99, Clippers 114 - by mavsluvr - 11-27-2019, 09:24 PM