Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Few Thoughts on Mavs 99, Clippers 114
(11-27-2019, 07:34 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: Occam's razor for a guy not getting minutes is that he hasn't earned them. Given what we've seen from Justin on the court last year and the beginning of this year, he would have to be one lazy dog in practice for that to come anywhere close to the truth. He is obviously and objectively a better and more talented ballplayer than DFS and THJ.

I don't think you're using the words "obviously" and "objectively" appropriately. His offensive game is smooth with his floater and he's shooting well but those aren't the only skills needed on the court. It's hard to argue against how THJ and DFS have performed.in their roles. I don't know that J.Jax would play as well with Luka as THJ has and I don't know that he'd be the kind of glue guy / swiss army knife that DFS has.

Nick and Isaac on Locked on Mavs were against THJ when he was shooting pull up jumpers and missing shots, but with the way he's played recently they think he should start. And they've always wanted DFS to start (no one has the combination of defense and possession adding that he has at wing, his shooting has been fine and he does significant things in crunch time pretty much every game).

But the main reason I bring up those guys is that they think he needs to improve the rest of his game (outside of floaters and hitting shots) to be able to break into the rotation.

You don't have to agree with any of this, just making the point that it's not obviously or objectively true that Justin is better right now than THJ and DFS.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Few Thoughts on Mavs 99, Clippers 114 - by fifteenth - 11-27-2019, 08:26 PM