Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Few Thoughts on Mavs 99, Clippers 114
(11-27-2019, 03:07 PM)BigDirk41 Wrote: My view of the Mavs didn't change after last night. I was expecting a close game since we were at home so the whipping caught me off guard, but last night made it obvious that we don't match up well with the Clippers and we are no where near their level. The flip side of that is I think we match up pretty well with the other top teams. We had the Lakers beat and we've already beat Denver and Houston.

I think last night made it pretty clear that we aren't getting past the Clips this year. They are extremely talented on both ends of the court, they are long and they have experience along with a really good coach. They don't have any holes.

We can make a trade or two this season and depending on seeding have a real chance at going deep into the playoffs. I don't see any roster upgrade this season that makes us better than the Clips. From that perspective I'm just going to enjoy the season and see how much we can progress.

Last summer was definitely a bust. Powell doesn't deserve more than 10-15 minutes a night with his current output. Maxi should play 30 minutes a night. I think the best hope we can have is to stay hot as a team and build up the value of some of our players so we can cash in on a trade or two this season. I don't know who we should target, but we need tougher players for sure.

He played hurt, if he was questionable it means he played on far less than 100%.

One more observation: The bench players executed the zone very well, the starters didn't play zone.

Mavs need a bruiser, wide body. They have none.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Few Thoughts on Mavs 99, Clippers 114 - by SportPsychMav - 11-27-2019, 03:11 PM