Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Few Thoughts on Mavs 99, Clippers 114
Jommy's takes:

1. The refs. Luka will get his turn. But it will come slower and lesser than if he were playing for a spotlight franchise. KP has lost the NY luster as well as the best-player-on-the-team calls. So of course he’s struggling. Maxi and Doe-Doe are just starting to achieve some semblance of reffing respect. Dwight is among the most "disrespected" in the league—to the extent that he regularly gets smacked in the head with no call, a la Shawn Bradley. But hey, no surprise. This is pro-wrestling-style officiating. The rules must bend for entertainment value. 

2. KP seems to shoot 2s while twisting, turning and sliding, always with his feet pointed off center. The talk of late that the Mavs staff has helped THJ with his shooting footwork? Time to turn that attention to Kristaps. Earlier in the season my chief complaint was that he (and Powell) failed to close out on 3-point shooters. That seems to be fixed mostly. So I can be patient waiting for the footwork to likewise improve. 

3. Speaking of THJ, I don’t think his "woke" streak has ended. Only 8 FG attempts and zero turnovers in 29 minutes? I'll take it. This is a different Tim. Shooting numbers go up and down for everyone. But these 2 stats say a lot about Hardaway's changed play. I’m converted from hater to fan. For now at least. 

4. Jalen will adjust to whatever it is and overcome. It’s what he does. Like GEICO. 

5. Defense. To become a great team, we need Luka to start mugging people like Kawhi and PG do. He’s got the size and strength and ref respect to pull it off. Has to happen. Or else we'll be mediocre.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Few Thoughts on Mavs 99, Clippers 114 - by Jommybone - 11-27-2019, 11:48 AM