Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Few Thoughts on Mavs 99, Clippers 114
mavsluvr Wrote:
Nowitzki Way Wrote:That is a downside of using THJ as a starter, although he can still spend some minutes with the second unit. I know no one wants to hear this, but I think the organization's focus this season is Luka and KP, and it wouldn't shock me if most or all of these role players were cycled out in a season or two. And the ones that are kept will hopefully have more limited roles. 

My take from this game is much like a lot of others. This team will need an upgrade or two before we go anywhere.  We have a superstar in Luka and then a nice piece in KP. Then we have the rest who are all role players on decent teams. We need to combine a few of these guys and round out this team.

To get to the Clippers' level, they probably have to rehaul the roster, if we're being realistic. I don't think it's any emergency, as their goal this season is to perfect the Luka-KP combo and make the playoffs, and they are in good shape to have a shot at that if everyone stays healthy. I think they would like to be in a position to make a deeper run next season. 
Interesting thoughts. I am looking forward to seeing how it all unfolds.
I think you are absolutely correct about the focus of this organization. They want to see Luka and KP mesh and grow together. The rest of the guys are just role players, and trade bait. I don't think they or any of us figured they would look this good so fast.  I don't think anyone could predict the jump Luka has made from year 1 to year 2.  He is legit MVP candidate. But I do think we all figured KP would be a little better.  So how good could we be if KP improves and we can flip a few of these role players for a legit #2 or #3 option.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Few Thoughts on Mavs 99, Clippers 114 - by Nowitzki Way - 11-27-2019, 09:56 AM