Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A Few Thoughts on Mavs 137, Rockets 123
(11-25-2019, 09:39 AM)Hypermav Wrote:
(11-25-2019, 02:38 AM)mavsluvr Wrote: Kristaps outdid himself again, with his new best game as a Mav. He put 23 points and 13 rebounds on the scoresheet, and was phenomenal on the defensive end. Rick waxed enthusiastic about the big man's rim protection, rebounding, outlet passing, cutting, hitting open shots, crashing the offensive boards (3 ORB), and very good passing. The Luka-KP connection is coming along nicely, with the two linking up often. Porzingis did not automatically put the ball up when he got the ball, electing to pass or tip to teammates on a number of occasions and recording 3 assists. This promises to be one of the deadliest duos in the game. 
He is close to AD points and better rebounding of late.  His outside shot is better than AD and he changes more shots at the rim than AD.  AD is better at the mid range and creating his shot.  It wouldn't be a stretch to say the Mavs big 2 may have better stats than LeBron and AD at the end of the year.  If the rest of the team can match the Lakers output, why not the Mavs.
That would be dope.

(11-25-2019, 08:03 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote:
Quote:The Mavs' coaching staff deserve credit for designing a crushing game plan.
Ain't that the truth! Our guys were really ready for this one! On a funny side note, if the Mavs ever got down in this game, I expected to see JJB get in there as a known Westbrook agitator and work that guy into a frenzy as he's done so often. Would have loved to see that anyway as RW got pretty agitated anyway, and have JJB send him over the top!
I love it when JJB plays. Would have been great to see him get under RW's skin, lol. Thus far, however, he seems to be firmly ensconced in the 14th man position.

(11-25-2019, 10:32 AM)TXBamanut Wrote: I greatly appreciate what Tim Hardaway Jr is doing.  He's played very, very well...but I do not trust him right now to stay the course.

He is controlling the urge to take knuckleheaded shots and crazy pullups....but will that last.  I sure hope it does.  I'll take every good shot he takes.
I have a degree of optimism that Tim will maintain the proper frame of mind on the court, if only because he must be enjoying the success that excelling in a defined role has brought. 

As to whether he is able to sustain this sort of performance when defenses start to focus on him, agree that that remains to be seen.

(11-25-2019, 05:55 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote:
(11-25-2019, 04:46 PM)fifteenth Wrote:
(11-25-2019, 04:37 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: I think Powell would look great in another team's uniform.

Trading Powell would be selling at the lowest point possible. We've seen him play well before. I'm pretty sure he's not going to play like this the whole season.

He's the only dark spot in the whole lineup - no rebounds, no defense, and the other teams have taken away his lob-getting when in the starting lineup. If there's an opportunity to get rid of that contract and also get someone better to replace him, you do it.
OTOH, that's what people were saying a couple of weeks ago about THJ. 

It wouldn't shock me if Powell -- or indeed, anyone not named Luka or Kristaps -- were traded, but afaik, we don't have any reason to believe that the Mavs are aggressively shopping Powell. And in the meantime, they'll continue to work with him in hopes that he will round into form. 

You just never know.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Few Thoughts on Mavs 137, Rockets 123 - by mavsluvr - 11-25-2019, 07:36 PM