Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A Few Thoughts on Mavs 137, Rockets 123
(11-25-2019, 04:29 PM)fifteenth Wrote:
(11-25-2019, 04:14 PM)SportPsychMav Wrote: And Ok I admit it, I also give him lots of credit because he made the changes I thought needed to be done.

Im astonished how quick they fixed it.

Yeah, I think the information gathering was pointing to DFS being a great fit as the glue guy with Luka and KP. I think it pointed to Delon and Brunson being a good fit to run the second unit together. And I actually think the information gathering pointed to Seth starting. BUT...THJ came in took that starting job.

So the information gather plus THJ seizing the starter job all lead to what we have now...

Except for one rotation spot. I think that Rick must be still trying to get Powell going because he believes that DP can be a good fit with Luka and KP. It looks like he's giving that more time to percolate because if the Powell/Maxi thing was just based on information gathering I think Maxi would be starting and playing a lot more than Powell.

I think Powell would look great in another team's uniform.

For a while, people were saying we need wings. If THJ can settle into something approximating (not consistently repeating - he's never going to sustain that shooting over a full season, but if he plays as he has recently and can at least shoot with league-wide efficiency, that's good enough) what we saw the last three games, the wings are okay. It's the starting big next to Porzingis that needs to be upgraded. Putting Maxi in the starting lineup in place of Powell is fine, but I'd rather see a trade, if something worthwhile comes up.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Few Thoughts on Mavs 137, Rockets 123 - by Scott41theMavs - 11-25-2019, 04:37 PM