Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 3.5 pt RAPTOR & 2.5 pt Vegas favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
83.33%
5 83.33%
Nuggets
16.67%
1 16.67%
Total 6 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 37: DEN (18-17) vs DAL (19-18) | 103-89
(01-03-2022, 10:48 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I fully admit that KP has looked better this year than I thought he ever would look again. But I am going to double down on my take that the team is literally better without him.

Ironically, I think the defense is better with him, and that is what I was most worried about all of last year.

Oh, sure. He still has to make the right pass at the right time on target. But it was literally Bullock’s man who came to double him. Luka doesn’t miss that pass very often..

Really happy to see Bullock finding his rhythm. That should help CREATE some space in the future.

They are not better without KP.  They are better when they don't do stupid stuff to cater to KP.  If they really want to "protect" KP then they should:

Spend 15 minutes a game with KP and a rim running center.  For these minutes KP needs to be a spacer (like the offense 2 years ago).

Spend another 10 to 15 minutes where Luka is off the court and the offense is centered around Brunson and KP doing whatever he wants (like the previous 10 games).

Spend the closing 5-8 minutes with KP as lone center playing P&R and P&P with Luka.
[-] The following 7 users Like mvossman's post:
  • ClutchDirk, fifteenth, Hypermav, KillerLeft, mavsluvr, michaeltex, ReunionMav
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 37: DEN (18-16) vs DAL (18-18) | Jan 3, 7:30 pm | Mavs 3.5 pt & 2.5 pt favs - by mvossman - 01-03-2022, 11:00 PM