Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A Few Thoughts on Mavs 137, Rockets 123
(11-25-2019, 02:38 AM)mavsluvr Wrote: The Mavs' coaching staff deserve credit for designing a crushing game plan.

Ain't that the truth! Our guys were really ready for this one! On a funny side note, if the Mavs ever got down in this game, I expected to see JJB get in there as a known Westbrook agitator and work that guy into a frenzy as he's done so often. Would have loved to see that anyway as RW got pretty agitated anyway, and have JJB send him over the top!

(11-25-2019, 02:38 AM)mavsluvr Wrote: Locked on Mavs reported that Porzingis told Brad Townsend after the game that KP thinks that the Mavs are beginning to develop that killer instinct, saying that the team was determined that there was no way they were losing that game, in response to Houston's late run.

I LOVE hearing this! This is the first baby step, and it's been happening for the last 3 games. The game is one of streaks, the Mavs bench were trying in the 4th to hold on to the lead. I will say, the way they both played, when RC put Luka and KP in, I had every confidence that they would put the game away, and they did. Really cool to see them go out "finishing the job" for the end of the game with time on the clock.

(11-25-2019, 02:38 AM)mavsluvr Wrote: I thought this was the Mavs' biggest win of the season. As a group, they are visibly gelling, which is exciting.

Yes! For me, this ousted the Lakers loss as the best game of the season. There is still so much room for improvement with KP and some of the other guys, I'm getting more and more excited.

(11-25-2019, 02:38 AM)mavsluvr Wrote: Next. The Mavs face another tough test on Tuesday, when the Clippers come to town. Looking forward to it!

Me too! I wanted to at least go 2-2 in this 4 game stretch. Lets get that second win on Tuesday and have the other two games as bonus statement games!
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Few Thoughts on Mavs 137, Rockets 123 - by ItsGoTime - 11-25-2019, 08:03 AM