Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 13.0 pt RAPTOR & 12.5 pt Vegas dogs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
30.00%
3 30.00%
Jazz
70.00%
7 70.00%
Total 10 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 32: DAL (15-17) @ UTA (23-9) | 116-120 loss
(12-26-2021, 09:10 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: The guys fought hard and it was a semi entertaining watch.  Only semi entertaining because we all knew the outcome.  Although much closer than we expected.

It didn't tell us much though.   Really I want to see how Jalen and KP looked.  Jalen is being asked to run the Luka offense with less NBA players.   He looks so worn down at the end of games.  Asking to him to score or create offense for a whole game is too much to ask imo.   He would look so much better playing with other creators.   I thought KP looked good too.  Although for me at this stage seeing him on the court more often than not and seeing if he can combine forces with Luka to both be better selves are the bigger questions for me.  Both are TBD.  The threes are frustrating though.   

As far as the other guys, I thought Chriss was solid.  He has nice hands and appears to have a decent feel for the game. The big issue for him is fouls.  Is that who he is or is it a mix of being thrown out there and fighting for an NBA paycheck?  Not much help if he gets a foul every two minutes.  Frank looks confident out there but he needs to be a more reliable shooter.  Most nights, he won't be asked to carry a scoring load if he is in the rotation, but he needs to be more of a threat when he does shoot it.   

I will be really interested to see how the Jazz do in the playoffs.  I think for the last two years when we play them I leave thinking that is the best team in the league (not last night though), but something always seems to happen in the playoffs.  If they don't win this year, I don't know if they can bring the same team back.  

Hopefully we get some guys back soon.   It was interesting watching these guys fight, but I feel the more we see them the more difficult it will be to watch.

Let me add, I have always been a Brunson homer but it stuck out to me last night that Jalen was being hidden on defense late by putting him on the weakest offensive player on most possessions.   I know this is nothing new but just peaked my attention.   That is probably the defender you want Luka guarding when he is healthy.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 32: DAL (15-17) @ UTA (23-9) | 116-120 loss - by Chicagojk - 12-26-2021, 09:21 AM