Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IZTOK DIAGNOSES DECLINE OF MAVS OFFENSE
(12-21-2021, 01:20 PM)F Gump Wrote: The issue is, the decisions have to be done at an expert level. If the current decision-maker isn't that good, he needs to either be fired/replaced, or hire someone to feed him the proper decisions.

Cuban has proven he's not that good at being a GM and making those decisions. When others give input, he has overruled people who are smarter, making dumb crippling choices instead. So the issue of whether he is still insisting on making them is a real one.

When Nico was hired, it looked like he was just going to be another front man for Cuban's decision making, given his lack of expertise. But Nico says otherwise, which would be a step in the right direction (to get MC out of the job).

This is implied above, but I feel the need to spell it out:

In a situation wherein the owner is making personnel decisions, they can't be fired, no matter how poorly they do in that role. The fans are left hoping that by some miracle the owner realizes that they are the problem. 

This is why Cuban's need to be perceived as a "disruptor" has always bothered me. Being the first to deck out the locker room with PlayStations is good. Buying a private jet so that the team can travel more comfortably and reliably is good. Innovation like that was very helpful. Throwing out traditional channels of accountability has very clearly NOT been good, and we have years and years of proof. 

The team must be run by someone who feels they can and will lose their job if they don't succeed. Some traditional aspects of how teams are run are traditional for good reason, imo. 

@"F Gump" feels that Harrison has been given the reigns, and I suppose that would represent positive progress, even if we eventually discover he's not great at it. I hope this is true, and fwiw, I obviously hope he IS great at the job.
[-] The following 3 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • F Gump, fifteenth, mvossman
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
Nico Would Absolutely Know This - by WildArkieBoy - 12-17-2021, 08:54 PM
RE: IZTOK DIAGNOSES DECLINE OF MAVS OFFENSE - by KillerLeft - 12-21-2021, 01:37 PM