Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IZTOK DIAGNOSES DECLINE OF MAVS OFFENSE
(12-17-2021, 01:50 PM)michaeltex Wrote: The 3pt shooting seems to go back to the spacing issue. If the shooters aren't deep in the corner and high on the wing, or when one is a non-shooter like DP, then you can have one guy cover both and use the extra coverage to disrupt Luka's game.

I get that Kidd is trying to elevate KP's game, but it almost feels like sub-optimizing to make one guy successful. Maybe this is part of inflating his value for a trade, but I personally am frustrated with the result. Last two seasons you always had a sense that the guys were never out of a game, but this year there have been several they were done before the 4th quarter started.

I think we would all agree that KP is moving better than last season but the numbers don´t reflect the improvement. They are actually worse. Slight increase in assists but the worst PPG (exact same PP/36 compared to last season) and TS% since he became a Mav.
On pace to have his most efficient season ever under the rim. Also having the worst jump shooting season of his career. 40.5% from midrange, 28.8% from 3.

Right now they aren´t even elevating KPs game. He is probably happier because he is more involved but the overall results aren´t better. Even when we are talking about KPs individual numbers.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: IZTOK DIAGNOSES DECLINE OF MAVS OFFENSE - by dirkfansince1998 - 12-17-2021, 02:09 PM
Nico Would Absolutely Know This - by WildArkieBoy - 12-17-2021, 08:54 PM