Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MIKE SHEDD GIVES COACHING PERSPECTIVE ON MAVS
(12-13-2021, 01:05 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I think the truth lies between the two POV's, too, but I don't think either of them was particularly well represented by your phrasing that I quoted. 

I don't think anyone believes Luka is "working as hard as he can," though I think it's fairly logical that a 22 year old might not understand (yet) just how hard he should be working to reach his potential. I'm sure he believes he is working extremely hard, it's just a matter of him learning how to calibrate those expectations for himself. 

I also don't think anyone believes he is is an "lazy oaf." I think the term lazy has been used to describe specific instances of his play, and while the language is harsh, I can't take issue with the commentary, having seen those instances of play for myself. 

I think the divergence of these two generalized opinions is actually about the extent to which this Luka conditioning thing is causing the disappointing results of this season, so far. On that point, I think the truth is likely somewhere in between the two POV's, as you say.

Perhaps you are right that the outer limits of each point of view are a little narrower than the language suggested. I won't quibble about that. 

I am not sure that I agree with the proposition that the argument is limited to what effect Luka's conditioning is causing. I think there is a sector of fans that is just outraged that Luka is not in peak shape, period, regardless of whether it has any effect on the court or not. A matter of setting an example, showing leadership, etc. I think I get that point of view, although I might or might not agree with how important it is in the big picture.  

I do agree that the most important aspect of the argument is the extent to which Luka's conditioning is causing the disappointing results of the season. I don't doubt that it is a factor. If it is the prime mover, we should soon know, assuming he can get in shape quickly with some rest and treatment. If, as I suspect, there are far bigger matters at play, then Luka can turn into Mr. Universe, and it won't make much difference. Believe me, I hope the main problem is Luka's conditioning, because that would be the easiest thing to rectify.
[-] The following 2 users Like mavsluvr's post:
  • BasketballJones41, LukTheShadow
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: MIKE SHEDD GIVES COACHING PERSPECTIVE ON MAVS - by mavsluvr - 12-13-2021, 01:18 PM