Poll: What do we need more?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Ball Handler
35.00%
7 35.00%
Elite Defender
0%
0 0%
Center
20.00%
4 20.00%
Power Forward
10.00%
2 10.00%
Shooting Guard
10.00%
2 10.00%
Other explain below
25.00%
5 25.00%
Total 20 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is our number 1 need currently to get us back to winning
(12-09-2021, 02:44 AM)sefant Wrote: Luka net rating quarter by quarter

1st: 0.8
2nd: -3.7
3rd: -10.5
4th: -10.9

The discrepancy in performance between 1st and 2nd half is legit insane ....

Conditioning could be a factor but I've also noticed teams change their defensive coverages late and cause problems. Dallas has trouble when teams switch everything. Luka gets a big on him and tends to take a lot of long threes that seem like bad shots. He makes some but the eye test tells me he's not hitting enough of them. If Luka gets a small he's trying to back him down but when the double (or triple) comes guys aren't making shots off the kickout. 

Meanwhile, no one else can consistently exploit their matchup. Brunson is closing games because he's their next best attacker, but he's also being exploited on the other end so I doubt it's a net positive for the Mavs. KP may be better than last year, but I don't like the idea of dumping the ball into him in the post in the 4th quarter. Everyone else tends to just stand around waiting for catch & shoot opportunities off Luka. 

I saw a bit more movement on the weak side last night, backside cuts from Bullock and DFS. I bet that's something they talked about.
[-] The following 1 user Likes vfromlmf's post:
  • omahen
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: What is our number 1 need currently to get us back to winning - by vfromlmf - 12-09-2021, 09:30 AM