Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 8.0 pt RAPTOR & 7.0 pt Vegas favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
100.00%
9 100.00%
Pelicans
0%
0 0%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 21: NOP (7-18) @ DAL (11-10) | 91-107
(12-04-2021, 08:27 AM)Kammrath Wrote: Do they? I feel like we have heard the opposite, that to this point he mostly relies on his natural talent. Sure if there is a game to be played he is there, but as far as technique work, conditioning, etc., not so much.

Technique work?  On Defense?

Because...Cant anyone tell Luka about Technique on Offense.   He is literally in a League of his own Offensively.   You can name any player and their skills....Luka's bag is much deeper.   Luka makes Chris Paul's offensive game look amateurish...thats how deep Luka's bag is on offense.   Luka seems to have 5-10 tricks in his bag for every one of the next skilled offensive player, imo.

What I am getting at is...if Luka seems to be being lazy and eating cereal all day...but while eating that cereal in his head he is going over the previous nights game and asking himself what he could have done better in certain situations...he is still working on his game but it looks like he is being lazy and just eating cereal.

NO DOUBT Luka needs to have a professional athletes diet.  Im not denying that.   I agree that a lighter Luka will help his quickness(I still dont mind his weight now and how he is able to body guys in the paint for points or rebounds...because thats what this team needs right now.   When we have players that can do that Luka should slim down).  BUT...I think Luka is a Cerebral player.   I think Luka actually thinks about what just happened after a play and asks himself how he could have done that play better or scored on that play or juked his defender out, etc etc..   

Luka isnt just a physical player...he is mentally there as far as trying to improve his game.  Most of these guys are relying on athletics...Luka is gaming them with his dome.   And it seems to be the more significant contributor to his success than spending hours in the gym working on conditioning.
[-] The following 2 users Like dynamicalVoid's post:
  • ballsrchr, omahen
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 21: NOP (7-18) @ DAL (11-10) | 91-107 - by dynamicalVoid - 12-04-2021, 09:21 AM