Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 8.0 pt RAPTOR & 7.0 pt Vegas favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
100.00%
9 100.00%
Pelicans
0%
0 0%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 21: NOP (7-18) @ DAL (11-10) | 91-107
(12-03-2021, 11:29 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: I think that is taking it a little bit to far. He is 22. Many alltime greats had a weaker season that stands out at some point in their career. Some of them earlier. Some of them later.
Dirk for example looked like the he was going to be the best player in the league in 2003. Was clearly worse in 2004. Bounced back and finished top 3 in the MVP race from 05-07.

While I agree with you, some thoughts:

-Dirk really never took his foot off the gas pedal from a work ethic standpoint until 2012.  Hard to blame him on that as he climbed Everest and smartest-guy-in-the-room decided to blow the team up so they couldn't defend the title.
-Dirk took a pounding because of his size but I can't imagine his usage rate approached anything near what we see with Luka.  If Luka doesn't take better care of his body, I really think he's heading towards a catastrophic knee injury.  His wheels this season have been perpetually banged up.
-Luka is entitled AF.  Dirk never was.  
-MBT's mode of operation worked much better in Dirk's era and usually put a decent product around him pre-2011.  That mode of operation just isn't working anymore and I think that's largely due to the average competency rate league wide.  We are now the bottom of the barrel and are exactly the type of front office that we used to take advantage of.
[-] The following 2 users Like cow's post:
  • hakeemfaan, Kammrath
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 21: NOP (7-18) @ DAL (11-10) | 91-107 - by cow - 12-03-2021, 11:43 PM