Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 3.5 pt RAPTOR & 2.5 pt Vegas dogs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
54.55%
6 54.55%
Clippers
45.45%
5 45.45%
Total 11 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 17: DAL (10-7) @ LAC (10-8) | 112-104 win
(11-24-2021, 09:37 AM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: I think you have to look at this in two different ways...One is when one of WC or P is in with KP and the other is one of them in the non-KP minutes.  Someone HAS to get the non-KP minutes at center.  

On this night Powell who was +2 for the game was +7 when in without KP.  

WCS who was +0 for the game was also +0 in the non-KP minutes (a victory if you can hold your own when KP sits).  

Of course none of that is possible without the real Dirkie winner...Maxi...being back in the rotation.  Best +/- on the team and highest Help Value of anyone at +18.  He elevated his game more than anyone.  We could really use another Maxi-like player and one less Willie/Powell like player in the rotation.

I am sorry, I went too far with they suck statement. Basically I think they can't be successful in the system with involved KP and Luka. They will be negative factors in this system.

Oh this +-... Smile Why do we have to constantly use it as it is obvious it has extreme amount of noise in single game situations? Four other players contributed to WCS +0.

I think it was obvious to see that WCS was by far the worst starter. Not just by individual performance but also the ripple effect it has on teammates as defenses can more or less ignore him, hide their worst defender on him, this defender doesn't need to leave paint a lot and similar. If Mavs would have (another) guy like Kleber instead of WCS, it is very likely +- of him as well as all other guys playing with him would be considerably higher than WCS "achievement". I agree Mavs don't have such a guy at the moment but there were not few of us saying before season that involving KP and have a non shooting center in the line-up will not work. I wouldn't bitch about it if Mavs played WCS/Powell exclusively as KP back-ups, perhaps in a small ball version. As I said twice, I firmly believe that the system Mavs play is not designed to sustain a guy like DP or WCS with Luka and involved KP. Plenty of evdidence to support that, little evidence to support otherwise. Under RC, KP was playing differently and the DP/WCS-KP duo worked, but KP was not happy playing like that.
[-] The following 1 user Likes omahen's post:
  • BackToSquareOne
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 17: DAL (10-7) @ LAC (10-8) | 112-104 win - by omahen - 11-24-2021, 10:04 AM