Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 3.5 pt RAPTOR & 2.5 pt Vegas dogs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
54.55%
6 54.55%
Clippers
45.45%
5 45.45%
Total 11 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 17: DAL (10-7) @ LAC (10-8) | 112-104 win
Totally agree Omahen. Playing WCS to be that outlet for Luka double, is one of the worst coaching ideas, I have yet to see. WCS doesnt have the shooting and passing skills to take advantage of that. Not only that, but I have probably never seen an NBA player worse at finishing around the rim, layups and close shots, than WCS. He made one good layup this last game, but if that space and position was given to a proper center that can shoot and finish at the rim, the Clippers would quickly stop doubling Luka.

The only thing WCS could be effective at is as a roll man and dunking. But even that hasnt worked well so far.

The thing is that this team still hasnt found a way to deal with Luka doubles. Most naturally, the ball should go to a tall player at the free throw line, that knows how to shoot it but also pass out or dribble for an easy score with that space available. For Kidd, it is actually not that easy, that has to be said as well, as the team doesnt possess that player maybe. But surely, almost everyone else, is a better double outlet option, than WCS! KP would have picked them apart in those situations in my view, he can do many of those things and shoot it oper from the free throw line and/or penetrate to the basket for an easy score if the defenses collapses trying to contain the free throw distance shot.

Actually, the more i think of it, Boban would be a great outlet as it would be an easy score in my view. But there are other disadvantages that hold him off the lineups. In my view KP needs to be that outlet  in case of doubles.
[-] The following 2 users Like burekemde's post:
  â€¢ BackToSquareOne, omahen
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 17: DAL (10-7) @ LAC (10-8) | 112-104 win - by burekemde - 11-24-2021, 04:58 AM