Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 2.5 pt RAPTOR dogs & 1.0 pt Vegas favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
83.33%
10 83.33%
Spurs
16.67%
2 16.67%
Total 12 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 8: DAL (5-3) @ SAS (2-6) | 109-108 win
(11-03-2021, 08:47 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Boban was a factor in the first half.  Despite his limitations, he is a guy that attracts a lot of attention.  It is nice to have a big guy whose teams need to worry about in the paint.  He needs minutes in the second half. 

I just don't understand this line of thinking. Yes, he had 2-3 nice offensive possessions, but there were others during which he just clumsily gave the ball away, and all he can do is score (if the conditions are perfect). I rarely if ever see him generate shots for others as a result of the attention, which I agree he draws. All in all, I just don't feel like what he brings to the table offensively is justification for grinding the pace of the game down to a boring, inefficient crawl where the offense doesn't even start until 15 seconds into the shot clock. It kills me. 

And on defense??? He can't defend the pick and roll, he doesn't guard the paint in other situations, his post defense is surprisingly bad, and he can't move his feet fast enough to be a factor as a defensive rebounder, despite his size. 

He is literally on this team for no other reason than the almost unanimously held opinion that he's a cool guy, and to me that is emblematic of everything silly and sad about the Mavericks organization.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 8: DAL (4-3) @ SAS (2-5) | Nov 3, 7:30 pm | Mavs 2.5 pt dogs & 1.0 pt favs - by KillerLeft - 11-03-2021, 08:54 PM