Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 3.0 pt RAPTOR favs & 2.5 pt Vegas dogs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
50.00%
8 50.00%
Heat
50.00%
8 50.00%
Total 16 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 7: MIA (6-1) @ DAL (4-3) | 110-125 Loss
(11-02-2021, 11:52 PM)dynamicalVoid Wrote: Could there be any...ANY...justification in Luka not being Lean or Chiseled because his play does not rely on it?

Could he be a tad bit better due to being lighter on your feet?  If so...would a non-explosive athlete in an explosive athletes body be significantly better? or Marginal?

What I am getting at is...same thing was said about Tony Romo.  A lot of fans including myself for years thought he would be more versatile if he maintained his early seasons weight and running speed(rolling out ability).   A lot of other people thought it would be better for him to put weight on like Rothlisberger to absorb NFL hits.

Pick your poison I guess.

I just dont think Luka would be explosive even if 15 pounds lighter.  He is a cerebral player...his game doesnt rely on athleticism.   I think trying to make Luka athletic increases his injury risk tbh.

We can argue about stamina and all that...but regardless...his body type isnt an issue, imo.  He'll never be a 19 year old Josh Green or Lamelo Ball that can go 48 minutes and not be exhausted.   Luka is who he is.  You want him healthy...but he doesnt need to be chiseled like Michelangelo.   I think he can absorb some contact with his current body weight.

He looked like a different person in the bubble (after the Covid break and enough time to work out). Mavs win the series last season, if he had bubble stamina i think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGsF5UrAeJM

That should been the goal body wise. If you give Luka Brunson diet/work ethic, i think Luka would be clearly knocking on the door of best player in the league already today.

It looks like he has a body type that adds weight at an alarming rate. He simply shouldn't eat anything he likes. Which he probably does at times. The problem will only get worse, once he gets older, and the metabolism slowing down.
[-] The following 1 user Likes sefant's post:
  • Kammrath
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 7: MIA (6-1) @ DAL (4-3) | 110-125 Loss - by sefant - 11-03-2021, 07:50 AM