Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A Few Thoughts on Mavs 142, Warriors 94
Mavs Screw, Glue, and Tattoo the Warriors

The Golden State Supertanker docked in Dallas for this match. The Mavs were favored by 13.5, and a win was expected, but this was a massacre. 

Absences. GSW were without all of their leading lights, including Klay Thompson (ACL), Steph Curry (hand), D'Angelo Russell (thumb), and Draymond Green (soreness). I barely recognized their squad, although I guess they did remind us that Willie Cauley-Stein and Alec Burks are still in the league. Steve Kerr put in an appearance on the bench. Seth Curry was under the weather and out for the Mavs. 

Game Story. The Mavericks jumped out to an early lead, and continued to build throughout the game. The end-of-quarter scores were 44-16, 78-34, 104-64, and 142-94. The starters came out with 3:39 left in the third. The home team Mavs reached a game-high lead of 50 points before GSW made the last bucket of the game. Boo-ya!

Individual Performances. Luka had his seventh triple-double of the season, at 35-10-11, along with 3 steals. KP had his fourth straight double-double with 14 points and 10 boards. The starting lineup was Luka-THJ-DFS-KP-DP. Hardaway took advantage of his starter minutes (22) to put in a notable performance, earning the team's runner-up scoring status with 22 points on 6-7 shooting (including 4-4 threes) and 4-5 FTAs. Everyone on the active roster played except Barea, who evidently opted out of playing in garbage time, but drew laughter from Luka and the crowd when he faked entering the game in the fourth. 

Records. The team and individual players set various niche-type records. Among others, Luka had a club record for points in a first half. Anyone interested can find these on Mavs media twitter, or Basketball Reference, or something of that sort. 

Impressions. We're happy to take the W, but in truth, this wasn't much of a match. I didn't see any point in trying to parse this one closely, so I guess the default alternative is to relax and enjoy the victory!

Next. Cavs on Friday.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
A Few Thoughts on Mavs 142, Warriors 94 - by mavsluvr - 11-20-2019, 10:46 PM