Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SUMMER LEAGUE: TT out w/ groin strain | JG not playing | Mavs go 1-4
(08-19-2021, 01:05 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: Hinton was a big disappointment as he still doesn't have any sort of offensive game.

I don't really agree about this one. First of all he was asked to do too much. He was mostly playing PG which he isn't but I though he actually did a quite decent job considering his limitations, arguably better than Terry. 

Hinton was getting himself in a position to score, that was not a problem. He did drive (and finish) rather nicely. He can create a mid range jumper for himself and he was shooting threes. The only problem was that the shot mostly wasn't falling. It is difficult for us to assess if that was just a slump or tragic reality. Sample size is still extremely small. 

I really like that Hinton is NBA ready as far as his body goes. He is developed enough to play off ball 3-D guy. Now he has to improve that 3 part. He is still only 22. 

(08-19-2021, 01:05 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: Terry didn't really show much.

Agree on this one. I just don't see this one work, even in a long term. He is so small, always has injury problems and is not really showing anything special skill wise, especially when playing with the big boys. He is not really a PG and way too small to really create for himself. Honestly I haven't seen the talent that had some convinced (Kevin O'Connor was a huge fan) he is a first round pick.

(08-19-2021, 01:05 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: Omoruyi had some nice moments, but again it's easy to standout amongst trash. I'd be shocked if he plays more than 100 minutes this year.

Same as Hinton Omoruyi can play today due to his body, but his shooting ability will determine his long term future. Didn't look very good in the summer league - actually whole team was a terrible shooting team. I think best case for Hinton and Omoruyi is, if Mavs consolidate a bit more top heavy roster with them being promoted to end of bench roster spots. If they don't fill those spots with vet min vets.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: SUMMER LEAGUE: TT out w/ groin strain | JG not playing | Mavs go 1-4 - by omahen - 08-19-2021, 03:25 AM