Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SUMMER LEAGUE: TT out w/ groin strain | JG not playing | Mavs go 1-4
The summer league has been really tough to watch as a Mavs fan...especially with Terry being hurt.   

It is weird Dallas didn't target more shooters if they are trying to match needs to the real squad (although may they though shooting would be better).    Omoroyi has been solid.   To be honest, we won't see how he fits until he gets on the court with NBA players.  He is a guy who needs to find ways to be productive when he never has any plays run for him.  I would like to have seen him rebound better....especially with a team that is not a strong rebounding team.  His rebounding #'s have been disappointing.    He is 2-16 from 3.  It is a ridiculously small sample, but he needs to be closer to the percentage he was during his last season at Oregon (37%).   He was 31% his last year at Rutgers.

Hinton also didn't shoot the ball well either.  As a Hinton fan, I need to admit he did not pop as I was expecting.   This next year in the G-league will be big for him.  

I like what I have seen from Hunt and Oni.  Both are a ways off but they would definitely have my interest on the G-league team.  Hunt looks to be able to cause some havoc guarding.   He is an NBA athlete.  It is just a matter if he can continue to develop his other basketball skills.   Oni looks impressive guarding on the perimeter and blocking shots.  The rest of his game needs major work though.   Perfect developmental players though.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • omahen
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: SUMMER LEAGUE: TT out w/ groin strain | JG not playing | GM 5: Aug 17, 2pm - by Chicagojk - 08-16-2021, 10:43 AM