Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SUMMER LEAGUE: TT out w/ groin strain | JG not playing | Mavs go 1-4
I am a Hinton fan, but his play has not been good so far.   To make it simple, he needs to be better on offense in the summer league environment.   He also needs to be a good open three point shooter.  If he is not, he has no chance.    His college percentages were solid.   I also think his defense has not been great.  He is competing hard, but I would say his defense has been average.   Hinton is a glue type player so how he would play in the NBA is different than how he would play in the summer league.   But to have a chance, he needs to shine in the summer league games more.

It is too bad Terry got hurt.  Hopefully he can play the next game.  If not, that would mean he got dinged up in the G-league bubble and now summer league.   Whatever positives he does on offense, I just wonder how his body is going to hold up and how he is going to be able to guard anyone in the NBA.   He is going to need a lot of time imo.

I saw some flashes with Onu.   He is really raw and he is going to be overwhelmed playing this competition level after playing four years at a really low competition level.   So right now you just want to see small flashes.   He is also a very far way away, but I think he should be getting a lot of minutes.   It sucks that Owens got hurt, but to be honest Onu is the more important long range developmental project.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: SUMMER LEAGUE: TT out w/ groin strain | JG not playing | GM 3: Aug 14, 2pm - by Chicagojk - 08-12-2021, 06:57 AM