Posts: 2,799
Threads: 1
Likes Received: 2,399 in 1,217 posts
Likes Given: 2,874
Likes Received: 2,399 in 1,217 posts
Likes Given: 2,874
Joined: Jul 2022
[Jackson] The Heat and Bucks did not expand the two-team trade that will send Antetokounmpo to the Heat for five players (including Tennessee center Nate Ament, who was drafted by Miami), three future draft picks (including 2031 and 2033 first-rounders) and one pick swap (in 2030) to the Bucks.
Posts: 6,576
Threads: 0
Likes Received: 6,169 in 3,146 posts
Likes Given: 4,102
Likes Received: 6,169 in 3,146 posts
Likes Given: 4,102
Joined: Dec 2020
(07-06-2026, 11:17 AM)Smitty Wrote: If we had interest in Rui, I think we need to revisit the Cameron Johnson angle again...
PJ for Cam saves the Nuggets $3.2m
Klay for Cam saves the Nuggets $5.6m
Gafford for Cam saves the Nuggets $5.8m
Would make zero sense for Mavs to have interest in Rui. I’m learning to completely ignore Mavs related rumors.
Posts: 4,454
Threads: 49
Likes Received: 4,793 in 2,237 posts
Likes Given: 4,367
Likes Received: 4,793 in 2,237 posts
Likes Given: 4,367
Joined: Oct 2019
(07-06-2026, 11:18 AM)RoyTarpleysGhost Wrote: no Fin way
we gonna run a lineup of Kyrie and all 4s
Kyrie, Flagg, PJ, Aldama, Morez
I think my initial takeaway here is that they likely view Flagg as a Guard...
Posts: 2,799
Threads: 1
Likes Received: 2,399 in 1,217 posts
Likes Given: 2,874
Likes Received: 2,399 in 1,217 posts
Likes Given: 2,874
Joined: Jul 2022
(07-06-2026, 11:23 AM)Smitty Wrote: I think my initial takeaway here is that they likely view Flagg as a Guard...
That's enough internet for me today.
Posts: 6,919
Threads: 11
Likes Received: 3,427 in 1,981 posts
Likes Given: 1,114
Likes Received: 3,427 in 1,981 posts
Likes Given: 1,114
Joined: Feb 2021
07-06-2026, 11:30 AM
(This post was last modified: 07-06-2026, 11:31 AM by Mavs2021.)
I just hope that they go for Herro or Barrett, if they move Washington.
Mathurin and Watson do nothing for me, after seeing all the cheap FA signings at a similar level. For one I don´t want to pay these guys 15M+ for like 12-18 months worth of previous production and two a Watson is not worth Washington + Sexton/Simons/Grimes. If the Nuggets really rated Watson, they´d move on from Cam Johnson.
Washington + Gafford + Thompson for Barrett + Poeltl + 2028 + 2030 unprotected 1st.
Herro + Kuminga to Dallas
Martin + Risacher + 1st round pick from Atlanta to Milwaukee
Washington +Gafford to Atlanta
Posts: 4,454
Threads: 49
Likes Received: 4,793 in 2,237 posts
Likes Given: 4,367
Likes Received: 4,793 in 2,237 posts
Likes Given: 4,367
Joined: Oct 2019
(07-06-2026, 11:23 AM)RoyTarpleysGhost Wrote: That's enough internet for me today.
I get it, but that's likely how it will function. At least on the offensive end, given the roster construction.
Flagg, Kyrie in the backcourt (initiators)
Max, PJ as the Wings (finishers/CnS)
Insert one of Gaff, Morez, Lively as the lone Big
Posts: 12,107
Threads: 22
Likes Received: 7,171 in 4,024 posts
Likes Given: 457
Likes Received: 7,171 in 4,024 posts
Likes Given: 457
Joined: Oct 2020
Weird how Dallas is popping up in all of these. Who knows if legit.
Also remember it appears this was done for at least a week. Dallas could have registered interest prior to the draft or after before other moves were made. I don't think Dallas was waiting for an answer today. Although, what do I know.
Posts: 4,454
Threads: 49
Likes Received: 4,793 in 2,237 posts
Likes Given: 4,367
Likes Received: 4,793 in 2,237 posts
Likes Given: 4,367
Joined: Oct 2019
@YossiGozlan
Simplest way for the Clippers to sign and trade for Peyton Watson at this point is to loop him into the John Collins trade for his outgoing amount to the Pistons, with draft picks going to the Nuggets.
This would allow them to give him a starting salary in the $25 million range.
The Clippers then stay over the cap, leaving them with more spending power.
They could use the bi-annual exception, sign Rui Hachimura with the mid-level exception, and re-sign Bennedict Mathurin with his Bird rights.
Posts: 6,919
Threads: 11
Likes Received: 3,427 in 1,981 posts
Likes Given: 1,114
Likes Received: 3,427 in 1,981 posts
Likes Given: 1,114
Joined: Feb 2021
(07-06-2026, 11:34 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: Weird how Dallas is popping up in all of these. Who knows if legit.
Also remember it appears this was done for at least a week. Dallas could have registered interest prior to the draft or after before other moves were made. I don't think Dallas was waiting for an answer today. Although, what do I know.
Could also be the Mavs telling everybody else: Come get PJ. That´s where our minds went immediately, that they must be trading PJ.
Posts: 2,799
Threads: 1
Likes Received: 2,399 in 1,217 posts
Likes Given: 2,874
Likes Received: 2,399 in 1,217 posts
Likes Given: 2,874
Joined: Jul 2022
We're gonna have a PJ trade announcement today
Posts: 6,576
Threads: 0
Likes Received: 6,169 in 3,146 posts
Likes Given: 4,102
Likes Received: 6,169 in 3,146 posts
Likes Given: 4,102
Joined: Dec 2020
(07-06-2026, 11:31 AM)Smitty Wrote: I get it, but that's likely how it will function. At least on the offensive end, given the roster construction.
Flagg, Kyrie in the backcourt (initiators)
Max, PJ as the Wings (finishers/CnS)
Insert one of Gaff, Morez, Lively as the lone Big
Good luck to May having the best passing team in the NBA with that lineup. I hope this is not the vision.
Posts: 10,950
Threads: 1
Likes Received: 5,007 in 2,880 posts
Likes Given: 407
Likes Received: 5,007 in 2,880 posts
Likes Given: 407
Joined: Sep 2019
(07-06-2026, 11:48 AM)RoyTarpleysGhost Wrote: We're gonna have a PJ trade announcement today
Wonder if he'll regret his latest tattoo...
Posts: 4,454
Threads: 49
Likes Received: 4,793 in 2,237 posts
Likes Given: 4,367
Likes Received: 4,793 in 2,237 posts
Likes Given: 4,367
Joined: Oct 2019
(07-06-2026, 11:56 AM)mvossman Wrote: Good luck to May having the best passing team in the NBA with that lineup. I hope this is not the vision.
Maybe they're just higher on Flagg than you are.
Posts: 6,576
Threads: 0
Likes Received: 6,169 in 3,146 posts
Likes Given: 4,102
Likes Received: 6,169 in 3,146 posts
Likes Given: 4,102
Joined: Dec 2020
07-06-2026, 12:00 PM
(This post was last modified: 07-06-2026, 12:10 PM by mvossman.)
(07-06-2026, 11:57 AM)Smitty Wrote: Maybe they're just higher on Flagg than you are.
What does that mean? Luka had more passing around him than that. I'm not interested in another heliocentric offense with Flagg replacing Luka.
To further clarify, my stance has nothing to do with my view of Flagg. I would greatly prefer that more than two players in the starting lineup can pass the ball.
Posts: 290
Threads: 0
Likes Received: 200 in 116 posts
Likes Given: 17
Likes Received: 200 in 116 posts
Likes Given: 17
Joined: Sep 2019
(07-06-2026, 11:09 AM)Smitty Wrote: @TheSteinLine
League sources tell @TheSteinLine that Rui Hachimura prioritized staying in Los Angeles and chose the Clippers over interest from Brooklyn and Dallas as well as interest we previously reported from Golden State/Minnesota.
Sorry, but I just don't believe this. Maybe they had interest before the Aldama trade, but it made no sense after that.
Rui is the last player on earth I'd have interest in on the Mavs. And we can speculate at future trades all we want, but it means nothing unless they actually happen.
Posts: 21,281
Threads: 71
Likes Received: 14,226 in 7,271 posts
Likes Given: 14,654
Likes Received: 14,226 in 7,271 posts
Likes Given: 14,654
Joined: Aug 2020
07-06-2026, 12:18 PM
(This post was last modified: 07-06-2026, 12:27 PM by KillerLeft.)
I believe that they might have been interested in hachimura at one point. If so, I think they ultimately chose Santi Aldama.
It’s really nothing to get in a twist over, they weren’t gonna get all of them, they were looking for a shooting big. They got one.
Posts: 4,454
Threads: 49
Likes Received: 4,793 in 2,237 posts
Likes Given: 4,367
Likes Received: 4,793 in 2,237 posts
Likes Given: 4,367
Joined: Oct 2019
I think we've been linked to and/or traded for good 3PT shooters. Position is secondary. Moar shooting!
Posts: 2,404
Threads: 8
Likes Received: 1,445 in 833 posts
Likes Given: 4,129
Likes Received: 1,445 in 833 posts
Likes Given: 4,129
Joined: Mar 2020
(07-06-2026, 10:46 AM)RoyTarpleysGhost Wrote: Yea, I think all our moves including our draft picks are "hmmm interesting let's see if the front office is right." I'm not necessarily over here fist bumping at the great moves they're making. Somewhat skeptical. There seems to be a rush to crown Masai and Schmidt as geniuses and the previous regimes (Donnie) as idiots. Or maybe it's just that one guy Scott41Mavs.
So far this offseason is a 6/10 for me. There's not much more certainty about our future outlook than there was 3 months ago.
Ah, but this front office is still new and shiny, and they haven't really disappointed us yet. Lots of swings, but no confirmed misses.
So hope still reigns.
It's like the backup quarterback on the football team. All potential, no failures.
After awhile, we'll see that several of their swings really were misses, and we'll think that they're a bunch of bums, just like the last guys, and we'll cast longing looks at Sam Presti and Brad Stevens. Oops. Maybe not Brad Stevens, depending on how the Jaylen Brown trade turns out...
Posts: 6,576
Threads: 0
Likes Received: 6,169 in 3,146 posts
Likes Given: 4,102
Likes Received: 6,169 in 3,146 posts
Likes Given: 4,102
Joined: Dec 2020
(07-06-2026, 12:18 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I believe that they were interested in hachimura at one point. I think they ultimately chose Santi Aldama.
It’s really nothing to get in a twist over, they weren’t gonna get all of them, they were looking for a shooting big. They got one.
I guess you could play Rui at the 5 for some minutes. I would rather just hold onto PJ if that was my choice.
Posts: 21,281
Threads: 71
Likes Received: 14,226 in 7,271 posts
Likes Given: 14,654
Likes Received: 14,226 in 7,271 posts
Likes Given: 14,654
Joined: Aug 2020
07-06-2026, 12:35 PM
(This post was last modified: 07-06-2026, 12:35 PM by KillerLeft.)
(07-06-2026, 12:27 PM)mvossman Wrote: I guess you could play Rui at the 5 for some minutes. I would rather just hold onto PJ if that was my choice.
Maybe they were interested. Maybe they weren’t. They didn’t GET both players, and we don’t know WHEN this interest was (if it’s true) or even how much interest there was. That’s all I’m saying.
The way the summer is shaping up, so far, I wouldn’t be shocked to learn the Mavs checked in at some point with each and every target they consider a shooter.
|