Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 3.92 Average
AROUND the NBA: Bam Signs 3yr/166m Max Extension| KP To Miss Start of Next Season
(06-20-2024, 07:53 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: Giddey´s peak season was 17/8/6 shooting 48/33/73. Giddey is 21.
Green´s peak season was 9/3/2 shooting 54/40/72. Green is 23.

Yeah I think a player that is two years younger and doubles your averages over a season has a slightly higher trade value. 

I actually think OKC might regret this trade. They basically gave into the public opinion that Giddey was unplayable thanks to what the Mavs did. 

They dumped a 21 year old averaging 9/4/2 in 18 MPG in his first play-offs, cause the Mavs played him off the court in ONE play-off series and the media jumped on it.

Fun facts: Giddy shot 35% from three in the play-offs. Holmgren shot 26%. Giddey shot 50% from three on 4.5 attempts in the first round of the play-offs.

Bad idea to trade a 21 year old player based on one play-off series, when one team f***** with his young head. I guarantee you the Mavs will try the same approach with Caruso and say prove it.

They traded for Caruso for his defense, he's clearly better than Giddey on that end. Not because he's lights out from 3. With him, J Will, Dort, and Cason they are trying to replicate Boston in some form. All they need now is another big.
[-] The following 1 user Likes HoosierDaddyKid's post:
  • mvossman
Like Reply
(06-20-2024, 07:53 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: Giddey´s peak season was 17/8/6 shooting 48/33/73. Giddey is 21.
Green´s peak season was 9/3/2 shooting 54/40/72. Green is 23.

Yeah I think a player that is two years younger and doubles your averages over a season has a slightly higher trade value. 

I actually think OKC might regret this trade. They basically gave into the public opinion that Giddey was unplayable thanks to what the Mavs did. 

They dumped a 21 year old averaging 9/4/2 in 18 MPG in his first play-offs, cause the Mavs played him off the court in ONE play-off series and the media jumped on it.

Fun facts: Giddy shot 35% from three in the play-offs. Holmgren shot 26%. Giddey shot 50% from three on 4.5 attempts in the first round of the play-offs.

Bad idea to trade a 21 year old player based on one play-off series, when one team f***** with his young head. I guarantee you the Mavs will try the same approach with Caruso and say prove it.

The thing with OKC is that they have a kind of limited funds, while they usually have an eye for talent in the draft. 
So, were they going to give Giddy his extension just a year before Chet signs his? the answer is no.
Giddy was in the Harden situation, except he is unlikely to be ever half the player. 
OKC was never going to see the peak of Giddy, and they did a good trade based on that tbh
It is a win win sitaution for both sides.
[-] The following 1 user Likes khaled1987's post:
  • Knutsen
Like Reply
(06-21-2024, 01:15 PM)khaled1987 Wrote: The thing with OKC is that they have a kind of limited funds, while they usually have an eye for talent in the draft. 
So, were they going to give Giddy his extension just a year before Chet signs his? the answer is no.
Giddy was in the Harden situation, except he is unlikely to be ever half the player. 
OKC was never going to see the peak of Giddy, and they did a good trade based on that tbh
It is a win win sitaution for both sides.

How did you come to the conclusion they have limited funds?   They have two 1st's this year but may end up with just one at 12, three 1st's in 25 and three more in 26.  They have plenty of capitol to do more trades I would think.
Like Reply
To me, unless he is a valid star, OKC can afford to trade out young players for whatever they can get. Their problem is finding a home for all the draft picks they have accumulated over the next few years.

They have one FRP, #12 via HOU, this year. Depending on protections, they have as many as 5 FRP and 2 SRP next year. One FRP and 3 SRP in 2026 and 3 FRP and 2 SRP in 2027. A total of about 35 picks through 2030. With a contending roster, there is no way they have a home for all those picks. 

They have so many, they could just sell them for cash, I guess. But bringing picks back, unless the 2031 or beyond, is not going to help.
Like Reply
(06-21-2024, 02:22 PM)HoosierDaddyKidd Wrote: How did you come to the conclusion they have limited funds?   They have two 1st's this year but may end up with just one at 12, three 1st's in 25 and three more in 26.  They have plenty of capitol to do more trades I would think.

He is talking about a small market willingness to spend big money in tax, not asset poor.
[-] The following 1 user Likes mvossman's post:
  • khaled1987
Like Reply
(06-21-2024, 02:22 PM)HoosierDaddyKidd Wrote: How did you come to the conclusion they have limited funds?   They have two 1st's this year but may end up with just one at 12, three 1st's in 25 and three more in 26.  They have plenty of capitol to do more trades I would think.

As mvossman said, I am talking about their willingness to pay tax. This was the reaon they traded Harden over a decade ago. I doubt they would be willing to do the it now. Not for Giddy at least.
Like Reply
(06-21-2024, 02:49 PM)khaled1987 Wrote: As mvossman said, I am talking about their willingness to pay tax. This was the reaon they traded Harden over a decade ago. I doubt they would be willing to do the it now. Not for Giddy at least.

Ok. Thanks for clarifying.
Like Reply
https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2024/06/paci...-fois.html

Austin Reeves thinks JJ Redick is a basketball genius, we'll see...
Like Reply
https://blacksportsonline.com/2024/06/ni...as-league/

Nick Young with a ridiculous take on the league.
Like Reply
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/other/e...r-BB1oHZ8B?

Screamin A Smith negotiates new deal with ESPN
Like Reply
Brandon “Scoop B” Robinson (@ScoopB)
NBA Champ & Celtics assistant Sam Cassell tells me he wants to become a head coach in the NBA.

Cavs coaching search is neck and neck with Kenny Atkinson and James Borrego.

Atkinson coached Jarrett Allen & Caris LeVert in Brooklyn.

My intel with @nypostsports x @SNYtv.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(06-23-2024, 12:36 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Brandon “Scoop B” Robinson (@ScoopB)
NBA Champ & Celtics assistant Sam Cassell tells me he wants to become a head coach in the NBA.

Cavs coaching search is neck and neck with Kenny Atkinson and James Borrego.

Atkinson coached Jarrett Allen & Caris LeVert in Brooklyn.

My intel with @nypostsports x @SNYtv.

I actually like Borrego.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • RoyTarpleysGhost
Like Reply
(06-23-2024, 12:42 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I actually like Borrego.

I don't know, he was so-so with Charlotte, even though they've had a flawed roster at the time. Some coaches just make better assistants.  Atkinson actually over saw some improvement with the Nets when he was coach.
Like Reply
(06-23-2024, 01:06 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: I don't know, he was so-so with Charlotte, even though they've had a flawed roster at the time. Some coaches just make better assistants.  Atkinson actually over saw some improvement with the Nets when he was coach.

Atkiinson does a nice job with young teams. Unfortunately, being good at that can get you slotted. I like him, too, but Borrego would be guy if I'm in Cleveland's shoes. 

They need to figure out what's going on with Mitchell before doing anything, imo. If I'm interviewing for that job, I need to know what I'm getting into.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • HoosierDaddyKidd
Like Reply
https://x.com/Balldontlie/status/1804920132738969819

Jimmy Butler handing out money to fans. A bag full, lol.
Like Reply
(06-23-2024, 01:09 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Atkiinson does a nice job with young teams. Unfortunately, being good at that can get you slotted. I like him, too, but Borrego would be guy if I'm in Cleveland's shoes. 

They need to figure out what's going on with Mitchell before doing anything, imo. If I'm interviewing for that job, I need to know what I'm getting into.

I think Atkinson is a shoe-in personally. He coached Jarrett Allen and Caris LeVert in Brooklyn. Has experience with score first guards and maximizing their talents.

Of course gotta add in the Kerr coaching tree buff.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/4041...ont-office

Troy Weaver to join Wizards FO.
Like Reply
(06-24-2024, 08:55 AM)HoosierDaddyKidd Wrote: https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/4041...ont-office

Troy Weaver to join Wizards FO.

Thats funny. They actually went for the one guy that did worse for his team than the state Wizards are in Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes omahen's post:
  • Jmaciscool
Like Reply
I saw something yesterday the Heat had interest in Mitchell Robinson, who the Knicks may look to move to keep Hartenstein. The report said the Heat may look to make Bam a PF. That is really interested and potentially another team looking to get bigger. I wonder if that may make them a candidate for several of the other centers on the market.
Like Reply
(06-24-2024, 08:57 AM)omahen Wrote: Thats funny. They actually went for the one guy that did worse for his team than the state Wizards are in Smile

The tanking for Cooper Flagg is getting starting early.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • omahen
Like Reply