Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 1 Playoffs 2024: Dallas Mavericks (0-0) vs. Boston Celtics (0-0)
(06-06-2024, 08:39 PM)The Jom Wrote: Wait, though. Luka 7 of 14 from the field. So maybe it is good enough if some of those open 3s start to fall.

Luka also had 3 terrible turnovers, 2 leading to dunks on the other end. He also waited until the game was out of hand to start really scoring. He needed to come out strong at the start. Kyrie needs to help him as well.
Like Reply
Guys, the sky is not falling. No need to scrap everything this team has done over the past two months.

Now the first half was terrible all around. Celtics don’t lose when they shoot this well. Let’s see if we can get some things rolling. Probably not enough to win.

Celtics deserve a lot of credit. They are playing great. The lack of urgency is concerning for Dallas. Stepped into a hornets nest buck naked.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • MarkAguirreWrathofGod
Like Reply
Horford and KP both on the court, I dont watch the Celtics a lot but the times I have I have not seen this before.
Like Reply
(06-06-2024, 08:33 PM)BigDirk41 Wrote: Yeah I'd probably try 5 out in the 2nd half to see if it works. This game is over anyway. Might as well get something out of it. Sit Lively and Gafford the rest of the game.

The way the Mavs are built, they can't field a winning finals team if Gafford and especially Lively (their third star!) are played off the court. Those two are waaaay too large a proportion of their talent quotient.
[-] The following 3 users Like Scott41theMavs's post:
  • dirkfansince1998, KillerLeft, surfpuckmd
Like Reply
(06-06-2024, 08:42 PM)BolsDamols Wrote: Props to KP, he has shown up. I really hate that smirk on his face though.

KP winning game one might be the best thing to happen to this team because it will embarrass Luka and light a fire under his ass the rest of the series.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BigDirk41's post:
  • The Jom
Like Reply
44%/23%/50% isn’t going to beat the 14 win Pistons.

Having to wait a week to see that first half performance? Disappointing.

Will KP play out of his mind all series?

If Luka isn’t the best player on the floor the Mavs won’t win.

Kyrie needs to settle down. Many predicted that he’d be affected by the Boston crowd.

Lively and Gafford poor on both ends. That can’t continue if Mavs want to win.

Do the Mavs have one lob dunk?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Smitty's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
The Mavs were caught with their pants down.  

Then the Celtics stole our pants.  Only Luka is willing to play without pants.  

Also, the Porzingis for Bertans trade is looking particularly awful right now.  Throw Mark Cuban in the Boston Harbor like British tea.  Then make a wish.
[-] The following 1 user Likes surfpuckmd's post:
  • Lukedoncic
Like Reply
(06-06-2024, 08:44 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: The way the Mavs are built, they can't field a winning finals team if Gafford and especially Lively (their third star!) are played off the court. Those two are waaaay too large a proportion of their talent quotient.

Yeah I can't really argue that other than just seeing that this isn't working against this team. They literally can't score on their own either so it's compounding the problem with them taking the toll away.
Like Reply
As I said earlier, the key for Dallas is not Luka and Ky. It's PJ, Jones, and the bench. If they can't make the shots Boston is willingly giving them, it's going to be problematic for Dallas.
Like Reply
(06-06-2024, 08:43 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Guys, the sky is not falling.  No need to scrap everything this team has done over the past two months.

Now the first half was terrible all around.  Celtics don’t lose when they shoot this well.  Let’s see if we can get some things rolling.  Probably not enough to win. 

Celtics deserve a lot of credit.  They are playing great.  The lack of urgency is concerning for Dallas.  Stepped into a hornets nest buck naked.

Just think that the Mavs need to make some drastic changes on defense. To quote the Celtics coach. I am not reacting to the results. Just looking at the shot quality of both teams. If the Celtics get the same kind of looks for the rest of the series the expected shooting percentages aren't favoring the Mavs.
Like Reply
Typical game 1s. Mavs had to weather the storm. They just couldn't stop it. I believe they will settle down and Boston will eventually start missing shots.
Like Reply
(06-06-2024, 08:45 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: As I said earlier, the key for Dallas is not Luka and Ky. It's PJ, Jones, and the bench. If they can't make the shots Boston is willingly giving them, it's going to be problematic for Dallas.

Yeah I agree and disagree with that. I think they feed off Luka and Kyrie scoring the ball. It gives the whole team confidence. If Luka and Kyrie start scoring efficiently, I think the other guys will start knocking down shots.
Like Reply
(06-06-2024, 08:47 PM)donzingis38 Wrote: Typical game 1s. Mavs had to weather the storm. They just couldn't stop it. I believe they will settle down and Boston will eventually start missing shots.

If only the NBA allowed coaches to call timeouts. Oh wait, nvm
[-] The following 1 user Likes BigDirk41's post:
  • Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(06-06-2024, 08:39 PM)The Jom Wrote: Wait, though. Luka 7 of 14 from the field. So maybe it is good enough if some of those open 3s start to fall.

Sure if you believe Washington, DJJ, Kleber and Green can shoot 75% from three, cause that´s what was requried to lead in this game. Boston took twice as many threes.
Like Reply
A lot of reasons we are down big. Even with everything else, if Ko misses a few of those shot and Kyrie makes a few of his, it is probably a 10 point game. That is the luck of the bounce if the ball.

Mavs have been able to win muck it up games. Those may be tough in this series if there is a huge difference in shooting though. No chance if they are also outhustled.
Like Reply
(06-06-2024, 08:47 PM)BigDirk41 Wrote: Yeah I agree and disagree with that. I think they feed off Luka and Kyrie scoring the ball. It gives the whole team confidence. If Luka and Kyrie start scoring efficiently, I think the other guys will start knocking down shots.

That's fair.
[-] The following 1 user Likes HoosierDaddyKid's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
The Mavericks are still Shading their defense towards Tatum and conceding The Corner Three. STILL!
Like Reply
Damn Boston is letting us come back but we're not taking advantage
Like Reply
They are beating us to every lose ball.
Like Reply
(06-06-2024, 08:51 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: The Mavericks are still Shading their defense towards Tatum and conceding The Corner Three. STILL!

yeah that seems like a bad idea
was hoping it'd be the above-the-board 3's to the centers  
White getting good looks is insane
Like Reply