Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2024 Playoffs- 3rd Round: Minnesota Timberwolves - Dallas Mavericks- MAVS WIN 4-1!
(05-27-2024, 03:51 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: DOUBTFUL ISNT OUT!!!!!!

No, and I'd say it's a decent sign for his next round availability, especially given how much time off they'll get if they can close the Wolves out quickly. 

At this point, I'm kind of hoping they hold Lively out so that he can get well, but that they get Kleber in right away so he can knock some of the rust off before the next round. I'm also curious what Daniel Gafford is going to do in a game where he knows Lively isn't playing going in. 

Of the 3, Gafford seems least likely to be a difference maker against Boston, so I say tell him to go all out in this one for sure.
Like Reply
@TheSteinLine
Lively out for Game 4 ... but a progressing-faster-than-expected Maxi Kleber has a shot to play limited minutes for the first time since May 3, league sources say.

Final determination to be made Tuesday. Kleber (shoulder) listed as questionable.

OOOOOOF

I hope Maxi can play. That'd pretty much offset the loss of Lively a little bit.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(05-27-2024, 05:03 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: @TheSteinLine
Lively out for Game 4 ... but a progressing-faster-than-expected Maxi Kleber has a shot to play limited minutes for the first time since May 3, league sources say.

Final determination to be made Tuesday. Kleber (shoulder) listed as questionable.

OOOOOOF

I hope Maxi can play. That'd pretty much offset the loss of Lively a little bit.

Is there a rule that forces us to declare Lively out today? 

Just wondering what the reason is to not leave his status as doubtful until tomorrow, so that Minnesota has to account for both scenarios at least a little bit.
Like Reply
Anthony Edwards still doesn’t think we are able to beat them by the way:

https://x.com/Mavs_FFL/status/1795219174916030776
Like Reply
(05-27-2024, 05:47 PM)Knutsen Wrote: Anthony Edwards still doesn’t think we are able to beat them by the way:

https://x.com/Mavs_FFL/status/1795219174916030776

Some might call it “swagger”.

I’d call it a lack of respect and humility.
[-] The following 2 users Like DallasMaverick's post:
  • rocky164, SleepingHero
Like Reply
(05-27-2024, 06:06 PM)DallasMaverick Wrote: Some might call it “swagger”.

via GIPHY

[-] The following 1 user Likes Scott41theMavs's post:
  • fifteenth
Like Reply
(05-27-2024, 06:06 PM)DallasMaverick Wrote: Some might call it “swagger”.

Nah, it’s just the inexperience of youth.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • HoosierDaddyKid
Like Reply
(05-27-2024, 03:51 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: @GrantAfseth
Dallas Mavs Injury Notes:

Maxi Kleber (right shoulder AC separation) has been upgraded to questionable.

Luka Doncic (right knee sprain; left ankle soreness) is quesetionable.

Dereck Lively II (neck sprain) is doubtful.

Olivier-Maxence Prosper (left ankle sprain) is out.

DOUBTFUL ISNT OUT!!!!!!

Im not sure why OMax is out and not questionable, probable, or doubtful.  He doesn't look out to me (this was 5 days ago)

https://youtu.be/8i3cSHlG5F0?si=_bYwsMSApoLOSoc-
Like Reply
(05-27-2024, 06:17 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Nah, it’s just the inexperience of youth.

He's 22 years old. Yes, he's young--but he's also a full-grown adult.

But as a fan of a team that is likely to see him again in the future (because he does have talent), I'm fine with this. If he's too willfully foolish to admit that he's been beaten, he'll never put in the work to figure out to why or what he needs to work on to get a different result next time around.

Just keep banging your head against that wall Ant.
Like Reply
(05-27-2024, 07:15 PM)Arioch Wrote: He's 22 years old. Yes, he's young--but he's also a full-grown adult.

But as a fan of a team that is likely to see him again in the future (because he does have talent), I'm fine with this. If he's too willfully foolish to admit that he's been beaten, he'll never put in the work to figure out to why or what he needs to work on to get a different result next time around.

Just keep banging your head against that wall Ant.

To be fair, if I were a T-Pups fan, I would be hammer and anvil furious with him if he were already giving the post mortems. His job right now is to keep trying to win until the opportunity is gone. To be fair, if we don't have Lively next game (and it looks like we don't), closing them out is 50/50. And if they win, then their hope and determination will increase with each subsequent game. Bottom line, game 4 for would be a fantastic time for the Mavs to shoot lights out from distance.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Scott41theMavs's post:
  • Jmaciscool
Like Reply
Jeff Stotts (@InStreetClothes)
Re: Dereck Lively II: Since the 2005-06 NBA season, the average time lost for a neck sprain is 4.0 days though the sample size is relatively small.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • Jmaciscool
Like Reply
(05-27-2024, 05:08 PM)Knutsen Wrote: Is there a rule that forces us to declare Lively out today? 

Just wondering what the reason is to not leave his status as doubtful until tomorrow, so that Minnesota has to account for both scenarios at least a little bit.

Nope no rule. And technically no one on the Mavs said he was out.

But 2 insiders definitely spoke to someone who had knowledge and they leaked it. Now does that mean Lively is 100% out? No. He's officially doubtful. Maybe he wakes up tomorrow and feels better!
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • Knutsen
Like Reply
RealGM (@RealGM)
2024 NBA Conference Finals PER:
Dereck Lively II: 32.6
Luka Doncic: 31.4
Tyrese Haliburton: 24.6
Pascal Siakam: 23.2
Jaylen Brown: 23.1
Jayson Tatum: 23.1
Jrue Holiday: 23.1
Naz Reid: 22.9
T.J. McConnell: 22.5
Kyrie Irving: 22.1
Like Reply
man, .though Derek will miss Game 4, ..I'm so very glad that the injury is not any more serious that would put him out for several weeks, ala Max Blieber . 

* Imo, Derek & Gafford are the 2nd leading essential figures to us winning the NBA title.  (Luke & Ky the first) 

* i know PJ and Jones also play a very big factor in dealing with the elite wing guys such as SGA and Ant Man but the sheer interior presences that the twin towers have given us at BOTH ends simply cannot be understated. 

* We have two top notch shot blocking rim protectors, ..they alter several shots in the paint, they continue to contribute big as rebounds on the glass, and opposing teams,
even with DPOY Gobert present, seem to have major issues stopping our alley oop lob dunk passes .. !!  

* Teams are so paranoid about the penetration of Irving and Luke that they lapse in back covering for the alley oop lob dunks. ..Towers are averaging plus 20 points combined as a result. 

* Even with Max possibly returning, i'm leary that he will be a step slow behind in previous playing form, but with just having to be forced to depend upon the likes of woeful Dwight Powell ( Uugh!) .. could we be forced to go with an unprepared Max as backup ?
[-] The following 1 user Likes daGuru1123's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(05-27-2024, 08:53 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: RealGM (@RealGM)
2024 NBA Conference Finals PER:
Dereck Lively II: 32.6
Luka Doncic: 31.4
Tyrese Haliburton: 24.6
Pascal Siakam: 23.2
Jaylen Brown: 23.1
Jayson Tatum: 23.1
Jrue Holiday: 23.1
Naz Reid: 22.9
T.J. McConnell: 22.5
Kyrie Irving: 22.1

I’m thankful for Finch playing Gobert 35 mpg and Naz 28 mpg.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Smitty's post:
  • Jmaciscool
Like Reply
(05-27-2024, 03:51 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: @GrantAfseth
Dallas Mavs Injury Notes:

Maxi Kleber (right shoulder AC separation) has been upgraded to questionable.

Luka Doncic (right knee sprain; left ankle soreness) is quesetionable.

Dereck Lively II (neck sprain) is doubtful.

Olivier-Maxence Prosper (left ankle sprain) is out.

DOUBTFUL ISNT OUT!!!!!!

Can we remember when we had a key player that was graded as Doubtful ..but yet played anyway ? 

Questionable sure ... but doubtful ?
Like Reply
(05-27-2024, 09:06 PM)Smitty Wrote: I’m thankful for Finch playing Gobert 35 mpg and Naz 28 mpg.

..and coach Finch is continuing to get completely blasted around the NBA media. 

but watch how stubbornly he still becomes in Not making the adjustments without Gobert and try to 
dignify it . 

if we can continue to get luka & irving at the top of their games, ..stay out of serious foul trouble  .. not beat ourselves with killer turnovers, missed FTs, ..and the support role guys such as PJ, Jones, hardy and green have strong enuff games , and we make it tight fight in the last 3to 4 minutes of the game ... we will pull it thru for a sweep or 4-1 series win 

i really do not wan to return to Minny, for a 5th game. ..but with Lively out, and questionable relief for Gafford , and assuming he does not get into foul trouble - i am concerned about a split at home and having to return to Minny.
Like Reply
(05-27-2024, 09:06 PM)Smitty Wrote: I’m thankful for Finch playing Gobert 35 mpg and Naz 28 mpg.

Not sure how much you want to put into an outdated box score stat.  Its interesting their on/off numbers are reversed.  Naz played 24 minutes a game in the regular season.  There may be a concern with his effectiveness if he is out there much more than 30 minutes a game (a similar concern we have for Gafford).
Like Reply
(05-27-2024, 09:31 PM)mvossman Wrote: Not sure how much you want to put into an outdated box score stat.  Its interesting their on/off numbers are reversed.  Naz played 24 minutes a game in the regular season.  There may be a concern with his effectiveness if he is out there much more than 30 minutes a game (a similar concern we have for Gafford).

I don’t care about on/off numbers in a 3 or even 20 game sample size. Naz Reid is much better for them against the Mavs than Gobert is. Some stats don’t agree, others do. Don’t care about any of them. My eyes are the deciding factor in this strong opinion.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Smitty's post:
  • Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
I suppose it doesn't matter since the Finals don't start until the 6th regardless, but I'm kinda annoyed that Rick couldn't do the Mavs the solid of making the Celtics work a little more.
[-] The following 2 users Like Scott41theMavs's post:
  • fifteenth, Lukedoncic
Like Reply