Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2024 Playoffs- 3rd Round: Minnesota Timberwolves - Dallas Mavericks- MAVS WIN 4-1!
[Image: GOj3RTTaYAA_Il5?format=jpg&name=medium]

This is now the 4th(?) Luka staring meme. 

Booker, Gobert, Harden, and now Ant.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 2 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • BolsDamols, Smitty
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/ClutchPoints/status/...2807617018

Clip of Draymond coaching Gafford, giving him tips in the short roll after the blitz. Once again absolutely baffles me a current player for team who will be rivaling for a playoff spot next year is helping Gafford out to destroy the Wolves.

That is how much Draymond wants to see Rudy fail. It is equal parts hilarious, scary, and unhinged.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 4 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • HoosierDaddyKid, KillerLeft, RGP1981, RoyTarpleysGhost
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/GrantAfseth/status/1...66/video/2

@GrantAfseth
Luka Doncic shared a moment with teammates and his father Sasa after checking out of the game for the final time.
Like Reply
(05-26-2024, 11:04 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Another reason why it is important to have two rim running physical centers.  That position takes a lot of punishment.  You are rolling hard to the rim a lot with a lot of bodies.  You are also contesting a lot of shots in a crowded lane.  I think it is important to split up those minutes.

Fully agreed. And three would be even nicer.
Like Reply
(05-26-2024, 11:04 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Another reason why it is important to have two rim running physical centers.  That position takes a lot of punishment.  You are rolling hard to the rim a lot with a lot of bodies.  You are also contesting a lot of shots in a crowded lane.  I think it is important to split up those minutes.

If Lively is out for the remainder of this series, hopefully we can squeeze a game out with the Gafford/Powell combo. Powell’s minutes last night were a harsh reminder of what used to be, but hopefully he can channel his inner Lively to make a couple plays for us. Definitely can’t go small, because that was even rougher to watch…
“BE CURIOUS, NOT JUDGMENTAL…”
[-] The following 1 user Likes OBX Maverick's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn)
Tests returned OK on Dereck Lively II’s neck but his availability for Game 4 remains unclear, source tells ESPN.
[-] The following 5 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • Arioch, KillerLeft, omahen, RoyTarpleysGhost, WillE
Like Reply
@townbrad
I’m told that though Dereck Lively II was examined and underwent a neck scan at a hospital last night, the Mavericks won’t know until further tests later today about a prognosis.

The same also goes, I’m told, about whether he will enter concussion protocol.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • Dahlsim
Like Reply
@ohnohedidnt24
Chris Haynes on Dereck Lively:

"The initial report that I am getting is that Dereck is saying that he's okay"
[-] The following 3 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • OBX Maverick, ThisIStheYear, WillE
Like Reply
(05-27-2024, 01:10 AM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: The Lively injury has thrown a wrinkle into this series and playoff run. Winning one without him will be difficult. Hope it’s a strain and not a sprain. Sounds like a sprain would be a season ender at this point 3-6 weeks.  But a strain:  he’ll probably make it back.

I’ve just become the biggest DLive fan. His defensive instincts, length, and agility are elite. He has great touch around the rim and potential to develop stretch capabilities.  He’s an excellent big man passer, not Jokic, but will get to the same level as some of the old school great passers from the center position, and most importantly, he’s clutch AF.  I think he may become the 2nd best center of the Wemby generation, if he can stay healthy (which will be a challenge given his all out playing style) and really give the Mavs a basis to stay ahead of the Spurs during the entire Luka era.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ThisIStheYear's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(05-27-2024, 10:15 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: @ohnohedidnt24
Chris Haynes on Dereck Lively:

"The initial report that I am getting is that Dereck is saying that he's okay"

I'm not surprised he is saying he's fine. He's a 20-year old gamer who's about to go the Finals--he'd be saying he was fine if they had him a neck brace. I won't stop chewing my fingernails until an actual medical professional says he's okay.
Like Reply
(05-27-2024, 12:21 PM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: I’ve just become the biggest DLive fan. His defensive instincts, length, and agility are elite. He has great touch around the rim and potential to develop stretch capabilities.  He’s an excellent big man passer, not Jokic, but will get to the same level as some of the old school great passers from the center position, and most importantly, he’s clutch AF.  I think he may become the 2nd best center of the Wemby generation, if he can stay healthy (which will be a challenge given his all out playing style) and really give the Mavs a basis to stay ahead of the Spurs during the entire Luka era.

I see this eventually breaking down ala Dirk and Tim Duncan. Wemby is going to be more of a forward in reality rather than a Center, and San Antonio is going to add a (Indiana) Davis/Ben Walllace type who will be guarding the bulkier types. Much like Dallas fans say Duncan was a C with Dirk being the best PF. Most folks place Duncan as a PF to make room for Shaq.
Like Reply
(05-27-2024, 12:44 PM)SkenfromLMF Wrote: I see this eventually breaking down ala Dirk and Tim Duncan. Wemby is going to be more of a forward in reality rather than a Center, and San Antonio is going to add a (Indiana) Davis/Ben Walllace type who will be guarding the bulkier types. Much like Dallas fans say Duncan was a C with Dirk being the best PF. Most folks place Duncan as a PF to make room for Shaq.

I think Duncan made himself a PF, to avoid Shaq, lol.
Like Reply
On the TNT Post-game Draymond was giving Gafford some tips on what to do when he finds himself in the pivot and how to hit what should be an open man either on the 3pt wing or a cutter. I loved hearing that.

I know Dray has baggage, but it got me to thinking that he would be a perfect 4 man between Lively and PJ.

If GS would take Josh Green and Hardaway"s expiring deal plus up to four 2nds, that would make for an even more complimentary lineup.

Plus Draymond's contact runs concurrent with Kyrie's and might make for a good transition off-season.
Like Reply
(05-27-2024, 01:28 PM)RasheedsBigWhiteSpot Wrote: On the TNT Post-game Draymond was giving Gafford some tips on what to do when he finds himself in the pivot and how to hit what should be an open man either on the 3pt wing or a cutter.  I loved hearing that.

I know Dray has baggage, but it got me to thinking that he would be a perfect 4 man between Lively and PJ.

If GS would take Josh Green and Hardaway"s expiring deal plus up to four 2nds, that would make for an even more complimentary lineup.

Plus Draymond's contact runs concurrent with Kyrie's and might make for a good transition off-season.

Hard to add that kind of salary. As much as Dray makes sense, not sure why the Warriors would break up their big 3
Like Reply
@noahweber00

Kyrie Irving on being up 3-0:

“It means absolutely nothing right now. That’s not even something I’m thinking about. Going into Game 4, it’s still 0-0, and that’s the type of motivation and mentality we had in that locker room. It’s not just me. We feel like the job isn’t finished…”
  • Jmaciscool, RGP1981
Like Reply
Shams Charania
@ShamsCharania

Mavericks forward Maxi Kleber is on cusp of a return to the postseason, he has been upgraded to questionable for Game 4 vs. Timberwolves. Kleber has been out since May 3 due to an AC joint shoulder separation.
[-] The following 3 users Like Winter's post:
  • KillerLeft, Scott41theMavs, SleepingHero
Like Reply
(05-27-2024, 03:44 PM)Winter Wrote: Shams Charania
@ShamsCharania

Mavericks forward Maxi Kleber is on cusp of a return to the postseason, he has been upgraded to questionable for Game 4 vs. Timberwolves. Kleber has been out since May 3 due to an AC joint shoulder separation.

[Image: lfg-lets.gif]
  • KillerLeft, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
@GrantAfseth
Dallas Mavs Injury Notes:

Maxi Kleber (right shoulder AC separation) has been upgraded to questionable.

Luka Doncic (right knee sprain; left ankle soreness) is quesetionable.

Dereck Lively II (neck sprain) is doubtful.

Olivier-Maxence Prosper (left ankle sprain) is out.

DOUBTFUL ISNT OUT!!!!!!
  • KillerLeft, The Jom
Like Reply
Chris Haynes just said Lively is out for tomorrow. Who’s correct?

Love me some Maxi back in the lineup!!
“BE CURIOUS, NOT JUDGMENTAL…”
Like Reply
(05-27-2024, 03:44 PM)Winter Wrote: Shams Charania
@ShamsCharania

Not a moment too soon. If Lively is out for game 4, they might actually need him to close this series out, and if they advance, they'll need him in the next one FOR SURE.
Like Reply