Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 2 Playoffs 2024: Dallas Mavericks (1-0) vs. Minnesota Timberwolves (0-1)
May have to lean on Green. His energy helped in the defensive end. That lineup of Lively, DJJ, Green, Luka and Kyrie had some juice. PJ out of position of defense and slow on the glass all nite.
Like Reply
These are just bizzare games. If you looked at some of the boxscore stats so far, you´d couldn´t guess the winner in three tries. Edwards/KAT/McDaniels are 6-25 and we are down 12.
Like Reply
(05-24-2024, 08:35 PM)nicholasthefan Wrote: I think the mavs role players can only hit layups and dunks

yes they can hit them at good efficiencies when not contested. at least they don't miss many open shots in paint as they do behind the arc.
Like Reply
(05-24-2024, 08:37 PM)SwisherPrice Wrote: They just don't have any organized offense. That last second possession is a good time to run one of your best sets but Kidd just stood there and let them try to improv a shot

This is the argument against Kidd. Every possession matter in the playoffs and he is just too passive sometimes.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MarkAguirreWrathofGod's post:
  • SwisherPrice
Like Reply
I know that single game plus minus isn't the greatest stat but in some games you can just tell that one guy is ruining it for the entire team. Last game it was Gafford. As soon as he entered the floor the Wolves went on a run.
Today it is PJ. -19 in 16 minutes. Only double-digit negative. Might be his worst game in a Mavs jersey. At least on defense.
[-] The following 2 users Like dirkfansince1998's post:
  • BigDirk41, MarkAguirreWrathofGod
Like Reply
(05-24-2024, 08:40 PM)MarkAguirreWrathofGod Wrote: This is the argument against Kidd. Every possession matter in the playoffs and he is just too passive sometimes.

I'd rather have Kyrie with the ball at the end because he won't settle for the 3. We all knew Luka was going to take a 3 on the left side. They knew also. He should have just attacked the basket.
Like Reply
Well everyone but Luka playing like garbage and only down 12? Will have to take it. But man we left a lot of points with missed ft and layups. Dumb turnovers. They are sitting on Luka transition passes. Intercepted two tonite. One or two last game.
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
Honestly, everyone is selling tonight. Luka doing okay but shooting percentage is low. Just a bad half or maybe a more typical half for the TWolves defense.
Like Reply
The good news is this is a very winnable game as terrible as that half was. If they come out strong in the 3rd, we can really get this one.
[-] The following 2 users Like BigDirk41's post:
  • KillerLeft, nicholasthefan
Like Reply
(05-24-2024, 08:41 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: I know that single game plus minus isn't the greatest stat but in some games you can just tell that one guy is ruining it for the entire team. Last game it was Gafford. As soon as he entered the floor the Wolves went on a run.
Today it is PJ. -19 in 16 minutes. Only double-digit negative. Might be his worst game in a Mavs jersey. At least on defense.

He has been uniquely terrible. Didn’t get over the screen on a Conley was his last gaffe before Kidd pulled him.
Like Reply
Exum, PJ, Kai, THJ all missed WIDE OPEN 3s. Have been to knock some down.
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
Just win the second half. I know Kyrie will wake up
Like Reply
(05-24-2024, 08:45 PM)MarkAguirreWrathofGod Wrote: Exum, PJ, Kai, THJ all missed WIDE OPEN 3s. Have been to knock some down.

Wolves are taking away the corner and I honestly think that no Mavs player except for Luka and Kyrie can shoot from above the break.
Like Reply
First four minutes of second half is inportant. Can’t let this get back to 18-20
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
PJ needs to be benched
Like Reply
Kyrie is getting good looks. Just has no touch today.
Like Reply
refs don't want series done in 4 or 5 so they're bailing them out. hope things get better back in Dallas.
Like Reply
wtf kyrie
[-] The following 1 user Likes BolsDamols's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
Kyrie and PJ with epic bad games
Like Reply
Washington should have kept his mouth shut and play. Embarrassing game.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mavs2021's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply